Traditional Folder Sheath

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Horsewright, May 15, 2017.

1. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Lot of handy folk on here modding their traditional folders. If ya want a fun little project that yields ya something pretty darn practical, try your hand at making this little folder belt sheath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its ideal for trappers, stockman and other similar patterns. It is a fun and easy project and doesn't take long. Ya don't even need a lot of special tools. If ya want to give er a try, check out the link below in Sheaths and Such.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lets-make-a-folding-knife-sheath-by-special-request.1492847/

Thanks for looking and questions and comments always welcomed.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    That's a great thread, Dave! Incredibly informative and well documented. I love your work, both leather and steel.

3. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Excellent how-to tutorial, Dave.:thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to put that together, and thanks for some of the best posts of the year so far on the Porch, IMO.:)

4. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Cheers Dave
    I'm definitely giving it a go.

5. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    I think I might have to try this for my 48. Sometimes it falls sideways in my watch pocket and is hard to retrieve.

6. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks Shawn I aprreciate the kind words.

Thanks Chin, thats cool!

Good deal guys, Meako and VashHash. Don't hesitate to PM if I can help.

7. thegeneftw

thegeneftw

Dec 30, 2016
    Very interesting. I've always just carried mine in my pocket, but I've been thinking about getting a stockman that's a little bigger than what I'm usually carrying so a sheath might be right up my alley.

8. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Great pics! Love the way those came out

9. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Good deal guys thanks!

10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great work, as always Dave, and an excellent thread :) You make it look easy! :D ;) :thumbsup:

11. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Thank ya buddy. It ain't tough.