Traditional folders and watches/timepieces

Today in the clinic

BgGNMJx.jpg

Here is my new office watch, I don't wear it in while working in my garage or doing yard work, ect.
It is a present this year from my Wife for my birthday. I am VERY happy with it. Much nicer than the Timex watches that I have had in the past.
NxogJQz.jpg

LHdrLbf.jpg

This Timex has outlasted three of my so called "better" (read more costly) brands. The Vic has single handed-ly accomplish more tasks than most of the knives I've owned. I do enjoy the other knives and time pieces I have while at the same time, I'm glad to have this opportunity to show these two some of the appreciation, they so richly deserve.
otHh4j1.jpg

Last edited:
This Timex has outlasted three of my so called "better" (read more costly) brands. The Vic has single handed-ly accomplish more tasks than most of the knives I've owned. Still enjoy the other traditionals and different time pieces I have while at the same time, being very happy to have this opportunity to show these some appreciation here.
otHh4j1.jpg
I know that for sure.I have three Timex watches that still run true and one is over 30 years old.

This Timex has outlasted three of my so called "better" (read more costly) brands. The Vic has single handed-ly accomplish more tasks than most of the knives I've owned. I do enjoy the other knives and time pieces I have while at the same time, I'm glad to have this opportunity to show these two some of the appreciation, they so richly deserve.
otHh4j1.jpg
Timex... The Workhorse of the Watch World.

A simple Timex. I have always liked watches but know very little about them from a collector’s perspective. I am particular about bands, I don’t like leather or metal, which leaves mainly silicone or canvas. I recently stumbled upon a manufacturer of silicone bands I am very happy with, this Timex was leather originally.

My first watch that cost over 1K was a ceramic no date submariner. Loved it. If I was awake it was on my wrist. After a couple years decided having the date was important so traded it in for a two tone blue gold submariner. Loved it. If I was awake it was on my wrist. Five years later I finally admit it is a pretty flashy piece for daily wear for a retired guy in blue jeans / shorts. Like a person's first car, I missed my stainless no date sub and started checking them out. Holey Moley the market on stainless Rolex sports models has exploded. Demand is exceeding supply to the point new ones have a 30% markup above MSRP on the big auction site. Whoa … looks like I'm out of the market. So I stopped by my AD a few weeks back and chat with my salesman. He explains they have none in stock, and have a pretty long list. :( But he also tells me that due to me being a previous customer, local, blah blah blah, he will get me moved to the top of the list!!! At MSRP!!! Wow … less than 3 weeks later I get the call, yesterday, just in time for Thanksgiving.

Feels great to be driving my first sub again, the perfect watch for me.

bellivorygent-1.jpg

Back