Traditional knives and tools

Some wrenches I came across for a few bucks at an antique shop the other day. An S-K, two forged in USA companion which will be just fine for the nasty toilets and urinals I’ll use them on, but the Spanish made channellock adjustable was an especially good find. They are excellent quality with almost no slop in the adjustable part of the jaw.

View attachment 2430986
IREGA definitely makes pretty good quality adjustable wrenches

This tool is a family heirloom that I got when my Dad sold his farm and remarried after my Mom died. It's the only ice cream scoop I can remember in all the years I was growing up on the farm. No idea what the "20" at the end of the handle means.
icecream.scoop.chstnttrapper.jpeg

Here's a closeup of the back of the scoop. There's a little rectangle at the far right that says "ALCOA"; I assume that's the manufacturer (but maybe ALCOA provided materials to the "NUROLL" company?). The Canada trade mark patent might indicate that the scoop was designed in 1937?
ic.scoop.near.jpeg

- GT

This tool is a family heirloom that I got when my Dad sold his farm and remarried after my Mom died. It's the only ice cream scoop I can remember in all the years I was growing up on the farm. No idea what the "20" at the end of the handle means.
View attachment 2454789

Here's a closeup of the back of the scoop. There's a little rectangle at the far right that says "ALCOA"; I assume that's the manufacturer (but maybe ALCOA provided materials to the "NUROLL" company?). The Canada trade mark patent might indicate that the scoop was designed in 1937?
View attachment 2454788

- GT
I believe ALCOA was the Aluminum Company Of America if I remember right. So I think you would be right with it being the maker.

I've been fiddlin' with this darn starrett for hours trying to get the thimble to not cover the index when zero. You can't read the lines until it's 1/2-3/4 turn past. I think I'm going to add some dial washers as a spacer to fix the issue.

This Camillus has been helping me take it apart and put it back together. Great knife, of course.

Back