Traditional Knives, Watches and / or Pens

That's a nice-looking watch, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Maybe I should go back to analog for my final few years on this mortal coil! 🤓

- GT
Thanks, Gary. I had a digital watch about 1975, and again about 1983, but I have always preferred the more traditional analog.

Ep2EPfS.jpg
It doesn't get any better than a blue rope bone Albers Rabia.gif

Thanks, Mike, I tend to agree. It was a grail knife for me, enabled by Ernie1980 (thanks again!).

I've been meaning to post this for a while. Pinging N Nexus-6 just because we had a little sidebar conversation a while ago about watches. So, I felt they might appreciate this post. I only have another picture or two to contribute to this thread, but I can contribute what I can nevertheless.

This is an Illinois pocket watch that was my grandfathers. It dates to approx 1916 based on the movement's serial number. The pen knife is a Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co that was my great grandfathers. Seemed appropriate to post them together as I don't have much from that side of the family. I believe the pen knife was made by NYKC based on the swedging, but I am not certain. It also does not have a pattern number. So, if it is a NYKC knife, it may be an earlier one. Perhaps, this watch and knife are from the same era!

57azK5c.jpg

I've been meaning to post this for a while. Pinging N Nexus-6 just because we had a little sidebar conversation a while ago about watches. So, I felt they might appreciate this post. I only have another picture or two to contribute to this thread, but I can contribute what I can nevertheless.

This is an Illinois pocket watch that was my grandfathers. It dates to approx 1916 based on the movement's serial number. The pen knife is a Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co that was my great grandfathers. Seemed appropriate to post them together as I don't have much from that side of the family. I believe the pen knife was made by NYKC based on the swedging, but I am not certain. It also does not have a pattern number. So, if it is a NYKC knife, it may be an earlier one. Perhaps, this watch and knife are from the same era!

57azK5c.jpg
Well, you can't go wrong with either of those. Absolute beauties. I have both pocket watches from my paternal great grandfather's. I'll post them in due time, but I don't have knives that can compare with them.

Back