Traditional treasure hunt picture game

rockgolfer

Gold Member
I have an idea for a little game we can play. Over in the general forum the have a similar game but I want to add some twists and some prizes(I'll need some help from ya'll on that part).

The premise is to ask for an item to be found and for forum members to find said item and take a pic with a traditional knife in the photo(sounds simple, I know).

The objective of this game and the way you win a prize is to stump your fellow porch members for 24 hours. If no one can produce a qualifying photo in that time frame, you win.

At the end of 24 hours, any member can make a new request (first come, first served).

No duplicate requests, ever. If the thread grows large it will be hard to keep track and that's ok. If someone spends the time to go back and quote a previous request, they now get to make the new one. So no harm, no foul if you accidentally do double up a request.

I think it's fair to ask that nothing super specific be asked and I'll be the judge of that. For instance if you ask for a book, say Dracula or Moby Dick, that will play. It would be too specific if you asked for an original copy or some off the wall book that you know no one else has.

Added rules as we go along -

In the end this is meant to be fun and if we need to add or take away rules we will do so.

If anyone would like to donate a prize for people to pick from that would be awesome. You can just ship it if someone picks it or send it to me for me to deal with sending it out. It could be a knife, a sharpening stone, a trinket to take pictures with, whatever. I will reserve the next two posts to add prizes to and keep track of such things.

So if I were to ask for a picture of a knife with a rubber duck....

fhmJSax.jpg

Now that I completed the challenge, I get to ask for the next one.

Let's see a pic of a traditional knife with a corded phone.

And away we go :D

Last edited:
Awesome folks here! Anyone interested in donating a gift to the prize pool please email me, it's my screen name @gmail.com
Thanks for all the support, I'll keep it all in a box and ship it off whenever someone gets a stump.

Prize pool

Donated by WhittlinAway
DYNsrgz.jpg

Donated by JohnDF
xw0el1l.jpg

Only the wharncliff left

Last edited:
I updated the prize pool post with my email information for anyone looking to gift. Thanks so much for your interest, I think this is going to be a fun thread :)

Back