Tram Attack

picture040vs2.jpg

I was invaded by the Tram ferry today. I ordered four Trams a few days ago and the came in today. Two 12 inch, One standard 14 and a 14 inch Bolo. I sharpened the two 12's today and cut some firesteel notches in the top back edge. I guess I wouldn't have needed them as they throw a shower of sparks that won't quit anywhere on the back edge. Needed some cheap toys to play with. Maybe Pit will expand his new line to include a Tram:D

Talk about dull, these were awful.

GEC

Yeah I know what you mean about a little edge work. My 12" and 14" came pretty dull too. I just used a small file to put a decent edge on them. After I saw the Pict tutorial on the machete I kind of did the same thing with both of them.

GEC

Where did you purchase them?? Did they have sheaths??
I got mine from SMKW on internet.(I don't want to get in trouble for advertising) They also had sheaths for the 12 and 14 inch models. I don't think that anybody short of a sheath maker will you find one for the 14" bolo.

I got mine as Smokey Mountain too. I didn't get the Sheaths. I make them in my spare time anyway. I am going to make one like I saw posted here last week with a built in pouch for a small file. With the shipping almost nine bucks, I figured I just as well get a few extras.

I orderd a Tram a few weeks ago from SMKW. It also came with a really nice steak knife for free. So to me I got my moneys worth and more. My Tram was dull and I have not sharpend it yet. The last time I was on vacation up there I bought a really nice sheath from SMKW ( Really durable). It was made for a 14 inch and my Tram is 12 inches but let me tell you it really fits nice and tight and to me perfect. Its some type of Thick Condura sheath and it snaps around the handle really good. Although its made for a 14, the 12 fits better.

I got a paring knife with mine. Looks and feels like a pretty fair quality knife. The wife kidnapped that one.

i have that bolo. the handle doesn't work for me, it causes to many hot spots being to short with the dropped portion on the rear. i wonder why they chose to design it that way:confused:

You might have to make you a new handle for it and shape it just to fit you. I sharpened the two 14 inch ones this morning and am ready to start on the 12 inch Sheaths. I will make one long enough to fit the 12 or 14 standard but the Bolo will have to be different. I left the bolo's edge a little thicker, its sharp but with more beef left on the edge.

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
I got mine from SMKW on internet.(I don't want to get in trouble for advertising) They also had sheaths for the 12 and 14 inch models. I don't think that anybody short of a sheath maker will you find one for the 14" bolo.

I'm making some leather sheaths for the 14" Bolo, one for a friend and one for me. Ordered the 14" Bolo a week ago and it should be here tomorrow at which time I hope to finish the sheaths. The leather for the sheaths cost more then I payed for the knife from SMKW. :eek:

Heber

i have that bolo. the handle doesn't work for me, it causes to many hot spots being to short with the dropped portion on the rear. i wonder why they chose to design it that way:confused:

Yea, I like the the handle on the other models better as well, but with a little carving and sanding, they work for me :D