Trash 2 Coming Wednesday May 13, 2020 at 9:00 pm Eastern

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Garth Reckner, May 12, 2020.

1. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Can you post a side by side pic of the 2 for us?

lmcq784 likes this.
  2. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

xxwarderxx, hydeinmind and JACKMANDU like this.
  3. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    The T2 sure is a nice looking chopper. I’m really liking the extra blade height compared to the AR9.5. No ding yet for me, so these pics are much appreciated:thumbsup:
    Nice pair!

4. lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    There really isn’t much difference in blade height between the T2 and the AR9.5... I put them up against each other and the T2 might be 1/8” taller at most. But the AR’s clip point does start to taper long before the drop point of the T2, so you do get more height towards the tip.
    Here are a few more pics of the spine. The AR has a squared spine whereas the T2 has a chamfered spine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    nice picutures.
    beautiful blades

lmcq784 likes this.
  6. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Time for the satin INFI TRASH2. :thumbsup:

hydeinmind, luethge and JACKMANDU like this.
  7. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    @lmcq784 great pics and specs, much appreciated! Where are the balance points on these two? I am torn between which one to hunt down and add to my growing little collection. Appreciate any info, thanks.

9. lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I’ll see what I can do for you after work today or tomorrow. :thumbsup:

rockgolfer likes this.
  10. lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Balance points: (measurements taken from the top of the handle/scale)

Trash2: 1-15/16”, or 49mm
    AR9.5: 1-5/8”, or 41mm
    JH10: 7/32”, or ~5.5mm

There JH10’s balance point is BEHIND the “E” in the “BUSSE” logo... behind the apex of the finger choil!! That explains the amazing balance, swiftness, and liveliness of the blade!

The forward balance points of the former two makes them feel more like proper choppers.

rockgolfer likes this.
  11. rockgolfer

Mar 1, 2008

Much thanks for that! Now hopefully someone cancels on one of those beautiful bronze trash2's. Your pics have made me want to try that coating :)

12. lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I love the bronze coating!! (As does @Garth Reckner) There’s a whole thread somewhere dedicated to it!

it takes on such different personalities based on different lighting.
    TBH, I had ordered the muddy brown before, but changed it back to Bronze last minute about a week before my ding. I just couldn’t imagine wishing I had ordered bronze and regretting the muddy. My three favorite coatings are, in no specific order, Bronze, Forest Green, and Midnight Blue. They are all “metallic”, and gives off a beautiful sheen in bright sunlight. The blue and green are pretty dark and subdued in the shade, but solid. The Bronze is. It only subdued, it’s almost “dirty” and dull. But I love the contrast.

rockgolfer likes this.
  13. rockgolfer

Mar 1, 2008
    I am usually a non-coating fan but I agree with the character I have see in pics on that bronze. I have a cerakote(sp?) coming and interested to see the difference vs a normal Busse coating

lmcq784 likes this.
  14. lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I agree I'm usually a fan of a naked blade without coatings... But I really like these coatings.

The two types of coatings feel very different. The aforementioned Busse coatings have a very fine krinkle finish to them... They smooth out over time with use. The krinkle is supposed to help prolong the wear/life of the coating. (Keep in mind the hammered silver is very different from the rest of the coating. Probably the thickest, but also slickest, since it has no krinkle, but is high gloss with "hammered" dimples.)

Cerakote is very thin, and a smooth matte finish. Supposed to be pretty tough, but I haven't put them to the test yet (specifically, Blown Deadline's applications, because that's all I have). Cerakote has a very good reputation in the gun-world for being an excellent hard-wearing coating.

rockgolfer likes this.
  15. rockgolfer

Mar 1, 2008
    Doing a little drool searching to tide me over today I noticed you have the same camo AD6 I have coming. I plan on carrying it so I'll let ya know how the coating holds up :) ...... really appreciate all your info, thank you

lmcq784 likes this.
  16. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    That bronze coating is superb. I'm gonna have to rethink what's my favorite.
    Have been a fan of the midnight blue and the hammered silver, looks like there a new contender!

lmcq784 likes this.
  17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Got mine today, it's everything I expected it to be. Beautiful blue coat and super comfy handle. I may test it tomorrow chopping up a laptop to put some scratches on it :D

lmcq784 and JACKMANDU like this.
  18. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Got dinged, sent payment. Got shipping notice with tracking!:D

19. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Got my Trash2 !
    C4AEACD6-2B9D-4F63-8D50-411EF3C79A4F.jpeg EE0B84DC-5A0F-4356-AF54-268223644072.jpeg 50E691F7-B5B2-420F-9B03-F5E428656136.jpeg
    Very nice! Super comfy res-c chopper with nicely rounded edges.

20. rockgolfer

Mar 1, 2008
    JACKMANDU likes this.