TRC knives?

XtianAus

Gold Member
Hey so does anyone have any practical experience with ANY of the TRC range of knives? Its really hard to find any reviews....most of them on youtube are not in english.

I am specifically looking into the K-1 with fuller in M390.

They are not the cheapest knives to get here in Australia but it looks super functional, aesthetically pleasing and although i am yet to own any M390, ive only read great things about it.

For anyone reading that has experience to share, i basically would like to know your general experience with any TRC knife.

Another concern whether or not it could handle hard use?
I dont like to baby my knives to much...i am not looking for a sharpened pry bar or bullet proof knife but something that can handle some hard use if i were in a pinch like medium prying and alike.

Something i can rely on if i needed it to perform beyond the ordinary cutting tasks.

Thanks in advance!!

Im a member of the german tacticalforum and people there love them.from what ive seen/read on the internet i wouldnt be too concerned about the knife failing during hard use.

For larger/hard use knives i recomend a knife with 3D contoured handles.TRC models only come with flat handles,thats why i never bought one myself. Hope that helps a little..

That certainly does help thank you Gagl :)

The K1 is a medium sized knife so hopefully the scales wont matter to much but i certainly appreciate the heads up.
I think ill bite the bullet soon and give them a shot.

This might sound like a silly question but is the "german tactical forum" all in German or is English also used?
I might have to check it out if so.

Thanks for your input

Hey just saw this thread or I would have responded sooner . I'm thrilled with my trc's and can't wait to hear what you think too

Hey just saw this thread or I would have responded sooner . I'm thrilled with my trc's and can't wait to hear what you think too

Thats okay, thanks sfrigon.
Im glad to hear :)
When you say you're thrilled with yours, is that fit and finish or performance? Maybe both?

I've read a lot of people saying the fit and finish was excellent. But finding user reviews is very difficult, especially as most youtube videos of TRC aren't in english :D

If you have used yours can you please comment on their performance?
You have seen me on survive knives page and so you know I like my tough, relatively thick knives :p
How do you place the durability of your TRC compared to other knives you own?
Thanks in advance man :thumbup:

Thats okay, thanks sfrigon.
Im glad to hear :)
When you say you're thrilled with yours, is that fit and finish or performance? Maybe both?

I've read a lot of people saying the fit and finish was excellent. But finding user reviews is very difficult, especially as most youtube videos of TRC aren't in english :D

If you have used yours can you please comment on their performance?
You have seen me on survive knives page and so you know I like my tough, relatively thick knives :p
How do you place the durability of your TRC compared to other knives you own?
Thanks in advance man :thumbup:
so let me start out by saying that fit and finish is right on par w sk which is excellent . My k1 and k1s are soo rugged man they aren't as slicey as say my bravo 1 but more so than the gso 4.7 i.e. These are my favorite knives for a reason ,which you will see when you get yours . You said you wear an Xl glove so the k1 will still leave you w a bit of real estate . The only gripes I've heard were the lack of contouring w the scales, which I don't even notice because of the rounded spine which protrudes just a touch for comfort and the perfect placement of the choil ,and the inability to strike a ferro rod which I'm sure can be fixed w a bit of modification . To top it off for me the k series knives have the most appealing esthetics (to me) the blade shape and the finish is just freaking awesome 👍👍

And oh yes they perform awesome, I beat the snot out of my k1s and I have no worries about it at all

That's awesome man ! Let me know when you receive it ,and tell me what you think .I am very excited for you !

I haven't ordered it yet, but maybe soon :D. Still want a Gso 4.1 more than anything else right now :p

Back