• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Treeman and BHK

294sc36.jpg

345h14w.jpg

25jbdys.jpg

8x7o92.jpg

ppvue.jpg

1rx0u8.jpg

344qp79.jpg

k48spz.jpg

1955k.jpg

1zgcmlu.jpg

Treeman Knives Recon Hunter
4-1/2" Blade of O1 Carbon Steel with Gun Kote Mil Spec finish
Overall Length is 9"
Brown Micarta Scales w/ Black Screws
Brown Mosher Basket Weave Pouch Sheath

I have enjoyed this knife immensely. What a fun project knife it was. I previously sold my green handled version and now this one must go. As you can clearly see from the photos, it has been altered. I cut down the spine a little so when you baton, the sharp false edge Jim put on there does not cut the hell out of your stick. I took off the lanyard loop. Decided I did not like the idea. You cannot push with the butt of the knife with it there and you have a tendency to take hide off your knuckles with it there. It is more of a melonballer than a lanyard loop. Also widened the choil so your finger will actually fit in there. I also cut some jimping. Feels great now. It will come just as shown. A great design that I really feel I have greatly improved. I was using a different sheath so this one is mint and unused and the original that came with the knife. Of course I put one of my stupid sharp edges on it.

If you are a fan of O1 steel, as I am, you are going to love this knife.

Below is an excerpt from the Treeman site and Jims thoughts on this knife:
This is my newest Model. The Recon Hunter Drop Point. Since I was a 19D recon Scout in the army I figured the name would go well with a hunting knife. We all have to recon our hunting areas and it's a must to have a successful hunt . Retail cost on this new drop point will be $279.00. Mosher high end sheath included. This is a traditional drop point that will out cut and stay sharp longer than any knife on the market. The blade is 3/16 " thick O1 tool steel vacuum heat treated to a 57/58 RC. Blade from the front of the guard to the tip is 4.5 “. Hollow ground Cutting edge is about 4" with a perfect choil and a razor sharp edge. The handle on this knife is Green linen Micarta with a fine cross hatch and a lanyard loop on the butt.. Overall length is just over 9 ". This knife has a gun kote mil-spec finish and will not rust, very tough finish that is used on just about every firearm on the market today. All the new drop points will come with Mosher made pouch sheaths. We took 12 of these knives to the blade show last week and sold them all the first hour of the show. Pics don't do them any justice. It's a great working knife that will last a man a lifetime and you don't have to go broke buying one.

$205.00 Shipped USPS Priority. I accept PayPal with no added fee. Contact me for other payment options or international shipping fee. NO TRADES.

3347y9h.jpg

zvcvhk.jpg

2qnb6sm.jpg

jhbzoo.jpg

35n0tg3.jpg

16h1z5d.jpg

1zgcmlu.jpg

Here is a Blind Horse you don't see often. The Scatty Crafter. It is a beefy knife with a fantastically contoured handle that fits great. I of course immediately refinished the blade to it's current condition and evened up the shoulder grinds. I do all this by hand so there is no fear of me using a grinder and heating it up. Takes quite awhile, but the results are worth it. I also rounded and polished the spine and added the lanyard. First time it was in the sheath was for the photo. Never used, has the original razor sharp edge.

Blade is 4 5/16" of O1 cutting surface with a tip to handle length of 4 7/16". Overall length is 9 3/4". Steel is 3/16" thick. Of all the BHK's I have had, this is the most impressive. I think of it as a slightly smaller version of the Becker BK2.

No box or paperwork.

$205.00 Shipped USPS Priority. I accept PayPal with no added fee. Contact me for other payment options or international shipping fee. NO TRADES.

FIRST "I'll take it" posted as a reply in this post get's it. THEN, follow-up with an EMAIL please No PM's. No PM's. No PM's.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. All knives are new and unused unless otherwise noted. The knife photographed is the knife you will receive. Props and patches are not included.Why do I watermark my pictures? Well, even though they are not the best knife pictures on the web, I got tired of finding them used for sales and eBay listings and being represented as that other persons original work. Guess they are good enough to steal.

Back