Trekking poles?

What do you guys like. I found some on Amazon that were dirty CHEAP around! I have a set of Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork. Handles are really nice but I dont trek like I use to. So I am considering sending them back...just got them as a gift. I wanted a set for my shelter...aka golite tarp/poncho...but I believe I could get away with the cheap amazon stuff and use the REI credit for something else. I am considering the Hikker HP5 Anti-Shock Hiking Pole...they are aluminum just like the BD and they weight 13oz the BD weight over a pound. Both have cork handles and I am not certain of the lock on the Hikker. Oh and they both are fully adjustable. How much of a difference are these poles and considering my use...aka shelter for the most part because we are also not by any mountains around chicago...ahahaha! Let me know.

I like Black Diamond poles myself.... You kinda get what you pay for - cheap means cheap locks, cheap materials. If you going to use 'em for part of your shelter, why go with a cheap set when you already have quality?

From the experience of people I trust, the cheaper poles tend to bend / break when you don't want them to.
If you have good poles, keep them.

You can always make some poles from deadfall and great excuse for some knife fun in the outdoors.

Back