Tried out Pit Jrs new Crab trap !!!

I don't know if it was Jr's new trap or if we were just lucky today but we coulda filled a bucket with the big red finger nippers !!!

First we had Maisy check out the best spot......
P8270078.jpg

With the best spot located we just dropped in the trap and waited....
P8280090.jpg

We were pulling two or three out every 10 minutes or so !!!
P8280089.jpg

As we were just doing it for fun Pit Jr kept giving them away to a women who was catching them to eat a little further up the pier.
P8280084.jpg

Maisy was a little unsure about them !!!!
P8280091.jpg

Despite trying to get her a little closer to the bucket for a pic Maisy remained determined to keep her distance !!!!!:D
P8280092.jpg

Cool beans brother... Looks like alot of fun..If you want to try it ghetto style just tie a chicken leg to a piece of string let it sit and oull up real slowly alot of times they just hang out and keep eating when they get near the surface you can scoop 'em up with a net..

Cool beans brother... Looks like alot of fun..If you want to try it ghetto style just tie a chicken leg to a piece of string let it sit and oull up real slowly alot of times they just hang out and keep eating when they get near the surface you can scoop 'em up with a net..

Hey Riley that's actually how we did it before Jr got this trap. What we would do though is have a bucket of water suspended just above the sea so that we only had to raise the crabs just clear of the water and we could shake them off into the bucket !

when I was young I used to snorkel along the docks for crabs and grab 'em with tongs from the bar-b que...I like that bucket idea too!

Pit..are there any jobs for Carpenters were you live? I would love to live there..NoviaScotia is my families route to America, so an island is in my blood.. Aparently..we are Scottish and English heritage.
You live in such a nice setting..close to the sea, and the woods...great place to have a fmaily.

Pit..are there any jobs for Carpenters were you live? I would love to live there..NoviaScotia is my families route to America, so an island is in my blood.. Aparently..we are Scottish and English heritage.
You live in such a nice setting..close to the sea, and the woods...great place to have a fmaily.

Man they are crying out for all trades people over here, nobody should be out of work here, there are that many jobs about !!!!:thumbup:

It would be excellant to live up there...

Thats good eatin! Great pics. Looks like ol maisy was a bit standoffish with that bucket!

Good stuff. I would love to be able to go out and get some crabs. awesome.

You all know what I mean, so dont even go there. Yikes....

Man, thats awesome! I miss crabbing. We used some traps like that. But mostly we just tied chicken necks to strings and pulled em to the surface so we could dip net em. What a fun time. Then you get to go home and eat good!

When I lived in Houston I would watch these guys put chicken parts of all kinds in panty hose tied to a piece of trot line. They got their claws caught in the panty hose.

I think it is a safe bet ,that with the amount of time Maisy has had her head underwater,some of those crabs have tweaked her nose. And she looks pretty smart for a pit.

It’s been a long time since I played with live crabs. I remember as a little kid my dad teaching me how to pick them up and not get nipped. I haven't really played with them since then except on a steaming plate. I have never seen anyone put them in a bucket upside down. Why, does that calm them or something?

Keith

It’s been a long time since I played with live crabs. I remember as a little kid my dad teaching me how to pick them up and not get nipped. I haven't really played with them since then except on a steaming plate. I have never seen anyone put them in a bucket upside down. Why, does that calm them or something?
Keith
Someone once showed me how if you hold them upside down and rub the bottom side of them that they kind of go into a trance !!!
That was not why they were like that in the bucket though ! I placed them the right way round and they kept flipping over so I just gave up and left them that way !!!!!

Dude, if you come up to this part of the world, you can get great work as a carpenter.

I could put you in touch with guys who are desperate for carpenters right now...the job is, I believe, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off plus a return flight anywhere you like, pay $7000/month, plus about $100/day living allowance.

It's a micro-hydro project up by Whistler Blackcomb, all the wilderness you can stomach.

If that didn't work out for one reason or another, there is another big hydro job going up at Stave lake, probably the same basic money and perks deal, also a beautiful wilderness setting.

If you want more money there is a BIG project kicking off at Kitimat - I could probably put you in touch with people there too. Now that's SERIOUS wilderness country! I believe the going carpenter rate is about $50/h up there.

Man we are DESPERATE for skilled trades up here and there is more work than you can stand to do. If you seriously want to move up this way let me know. I have a few connections I could run down for you.

Geordie

My wife got a kick out of the pic of Maisy underwater. Classic pic.

My dog has only went completely under water once and that was to chase something into a creek.

That dog is one lucky dog, Pit. She's got a great owner!

Vancouver Is? where they just had an earthquake ? and where mountain lions get you ?

Just the thing I used to in Annapolis as a kid. Fun stuff! Good times Pitdog.

Back