1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tried To Break My Ankle. . . . Not Successful. . .

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Armithius

Armithius

Feb 24, 2013
    Heal up well, Boss! Maybe you should make a splint out of INFI. Your ankle would sure be secure then!

2. thatmguy

thatmguy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Holy Crap!! Sorry to hear.

Hope the mend is quick and Dr Johnnie helps with the pain....

3. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I'm in the recovery phase of a broken toe. Bad break. Ive been zipping around on a knee scooter. Kind of sad to take it back! I'm going on three months and the bone has not fused yet.

4. Joshua J.

Joshua J.

Feb 27, 2005
    Good to hear nothing broke, hope you have a speedy recovery Boss!

For my own story, a few years ago I sprained my ankle at the beginning of summer (walking on wet logs is very dangerous), it wasn't too bad, only minor bruising and swelling, but I was head wrangler at camp that year so for the next month or so it felt like a shot of lightning up my leg every time I mounted a horse, I usually rode without stirrups that year (good balance practice too).
    Thankfully trail-rides with kids usually isn't too demanding.

I always wear nice lace-up ankle high boots (undoubtedly part of why my sprain wasn't so bad) so I was almost more comfortable walking around the barn than lying in bed.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  5. ta1sho

ta1sho

Jul 15, 2010
    Get well soon, Boss!!

6. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob

Oct 16, 2013
    brutal Bossman --- hope you recover quickly

7. Georgecatl

Georgecatl Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Seems like you guys at Busse are accident prone......Garth was showing me photos of his ankle sprain from a couple weeks ago ...... yall need to buy a pallet of bubble wrap....for yourselves :D

8. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Could be worse....

[video=youtube;Z7acc6qwcmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7acc6qwcmQ[/video]

Get well soon.

9. Ianski

Ianski

Apr 30, 2016
    Hope it heals up well for you Jerry, I'll have a Basil Hayden old fashion for your ankle tonight!