Trinity Pinout?

Hey guys, relative noob here. Just got my first fiddleback from KSF since I failed to act fast enough on a few Fridays.

It appears that the knife I got (ladyfinger with lime liners) has a trinity pinout.

I can see from appearance what this means, but can anyone shed some light on the significance or reasoning related to why some knives have "trinity pinout" and others don't?

Is this just a matter of design, or is there some kind of functional difference when making the knife?

I think it's a brilliant marketing concept to create rarity within the design itself. Like the beauty marks. Most don't have the trinity pinout or beauty marks. So it gives us yet another elusive fiddleback to hunt in the shark tank.

Andy has noted before the trinity pins has to do with his faith. 'Holy Trinity'.

Andy has noted before the trinity pins has to do with his faith. 'Holy Trinity'.

I did not know that. Religion is not my thing, but I think that the trinity pins are a really cool and artistic way for Andy to express his faith and add another level of uniqueness to the product line.

It seems that every time I learn something new about Fiddleback, the more I like the company and its designs.

I always assumed that it was related to the Holy Trinity... the Father, the Son and the "Holy cow!, that thing is sharp!!!" No offense intended...:D

Interesting. Thanks for the info, much appreciated. When I searched it all I came up with was a ton of fiddleback friday posts dating back years :)

Thanks, bonafide. Looking forward to picking up a sheath with matching lime stitching from you whenever that ends up working out for me.

No problem. I'll have Scout Pouch for a Monarch/Bushcrafter Jr available tomorrow. :thumbup:

No problem. I'll have Scout Pouch for a Monarch/Bushcrafter Jr available tomorrow. :thumbup:

Very cool. I hope to have more knives to fill your sheaths with down the line, for now I'll only be needing one for my ladyfinger. Your work is great, I've been looking back at older posts.

I always assumed that it was related to the Holy Trinity... the Father, the Son and the "Holy cow!, that thing is sharp!!!" No offense intended...:D

Now that is funny!

I thought the trinity pinout was a neato way to accentuate the 5th pin idea and also add a little Christian symbolism to the design. We don't do it to every knife because the 5th pin design is still a solid beautiful way to finish out a Fiddleback.

Great, now I have to clean up all this coffee I just choked on :D

Now that is funny!

I thought the trinity pinout was a neato way to accentuate the 5th pin idea and also add a little Christian symbolism to the design. We don't do it to every knife because the 5th pin design is still a solid beautiful way to finish out a Fiddleback.

And the crazy thing is, not one of my Fiddlebacks has a Trinity pin out! Just doesn't seem right!!

I'm lovin' my trinity pinout/eucalyptus burl combo :)

17370610512_66d31eaccc_b.jpg

Now that is funny!

Thanks for the reply. I love the knife, its beautiful.

There is actually another pinout called the "Predator Pinout"

It's not very clear in this pic but will try and take some when the Duke arrives.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446030780.895326.jpg

Oh, I like that a lot! What's the story behind that one, if there is one?

It's still online with the Holy Trinity .. Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Someone here nicknamed it the 'Predator Pinout'.

Back