Trio Thursday

Can't wait for Thursday!

Glacial trio, with the latest thanks to a new forum friend.

image_zpsbwsiyxu9.jpeg

Very nice trio!!

When I was looking at them today for a Tro shot, I realized that after years of trying to land all three of them, I actually now have three of my Fiddleback Forge Grails, A stainless Gaucho in 5/32, A tapered and swedge Bushboot, and a tapered 5/32 Bushfinger in DIW and green liners. I actually feel like as far as Christmas goes, I'm good. I'm not greedy, it's hard to expect more than completing a grail quest that's more than five years old :)

20161215_171100.jpg

When I was looking at them today for a Tro shot, I realized that after years of trying to land all three of them, I actually now have three of my Fiddleback Forge Grails, A stainless Gaucho in 5/32, A tapered and swedge Bushboot, and a tapered 5/32 Bushfinger in DIW and green liners. I actually feel like as far as Christmas goes, I'm good. I'm not greedy, it's hard to expect more than completing a grail quest that's more than five years old :)

20161215_171100.jpg

Beautiful,... to know about your quest of 5 years is something of a lesson even for the likes of me this long in tooth. I do have a couple of grail knives after 45 years of collections come and gone. That said, I guess I'm a bit like a kid in a candy store that is too distracted to find a favorite flavor. I've been lucky in that a few members have approached me to sell knives that they are ready to part with, and in that bunch a couple are rising to the top, none of which I'm able to post at the moment. There's a lot of fine triples in this thread, which tells me a have a ways to go!

Beautiful,... to know about your quest of 5 years is something of a lesson even for the likes of me this long in tooth. I do have a couple of grail knives after 45 years of collections come and gone. That said, I guess I'm a bit like a kid in a candy store that is too distracted to find a favorite flavor. I've been lucky in that a few members have approached me to sell knives that they are ready to part with, and in that bunch a couple are rising to the top, none of which I'm able to post at the moment. There's a lot of fine triples in this thread, which tells me a have a ways to go!

Much of the problem for me was the financial roller coaster brought about by the poor decision of going into business with my brother, and then finding out just how little shared DNA actually means versus little green pieces of paper. Then experiencing a major three year set back and many delays in other endeavors I was already working on and committed to at the time. That particular set of circumstances will never have an opportunity to arise again. We haven't spoken in over two and a half years. If not for that mistake, these three would have happened much sooner.

60EDCE81-F5D8-4AC5-A2CE-F4B1634B352E.jpeg 5D798CEC-0E3F-4E8C-AE23-E446B544382E.jpeg
Nice set!

3-part question ..
Which is your favorite overall, which do you like the best for comfort and grip and which is most friendly to the thumb? If you feel like it, please toss in the reasons.

Thanks
I really like the way the app handle fits in my hand. That being said I have not used or carries any of them yet. They are a little bigger than what I have found I really like (hiking buddy is my favorite so far). So maybe someone could chime in on how/where they carry. My favorite is the DIW on the bottom. It has a light and dark side (same knife on the bottom of both pics). The Bocote is also awesome.

Back