Triple Grind Natural Outlaw VARIANT

contender

Thought I would throw up a pic of one of the latest Variants: a Triple Grind Natural Outlaw Variant with camo handles and a reinforced tip. Note that the secondary "bolt cutter" grind is very sharp and the tip is reinforced.

Oh, almost forgot to mention it - but isn't that recurved blade sweet?!

Whaddya think?

Attachments

• notripletip.jpg
    notripletip.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 291
Nice Outlaw!:D

I'm curious, why or how is it a "bolt cutter" grind?
I've always been intrigued by this grind Jerry does but have been too lazy to think of asking about it.

Marc,did I see that one at blade?How much?Also can you post a side angle pic..Thanks!

Too Sweet!:D

I love the Natural Outlaws; and the Variants in the past few months have had me drooling. Keep 'em coming Jerry.

Nick

I like the recurve blade. I too do not understand the bolt cutter grind. Is it similar to the "band cutting" edge that Simonich uses on his knives?

...is what I meant to write. Yes, it is similar to what Simonich does, but any similarities end there. Particuarly when you note the grind on the tip.

A band cutting edge is really a very effective and useful tool. It's great for when you don't want to chance damaging (in INFI's case, rolling ;) ) or atleast dulling your primary edge on something hard or very degregatory to the edge, such as hard wires, nails, metal bands ( ;) ), turtle shell, ice, hard bone, very dirty rope, etc.

...the band cutter is versatile and useful. And yes Marsupial it was at Blade with a SOLD sign on it. But the buyer may have changed his mind....

Side view - I love that handle...

Attachments

• notriple.jpg
    notriple.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 232
Excuse my 3 dimensional challenge, but I still done't understand the bolt cutter feature. I assume it's the exagerately flat section of the top of the blade, which is described as "very sharp". I would think for cutting bolts, you would want to use a baton (club, hammer...) to pound on an unsharpened part of the blade to sever the bolt.

Guys, where am I going wrong here?

Thanks.

it is a band cutter - read Andrew Lynch's post in this thread, I think he describes it well....

I missed seeing that one. Looks like the ol Puma White Hunter's top edge. That is where I got my idea, and Carson's U-2 was inspirationas well.

Back