Tru Balance treasure found!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Walking around a gun show yesterday and I spotted this Tru Bal throwing knife in a sheath on a table. Gave it a look and it was an old #6 Rifleman model. Gave the dealer some worthless paper and walked off with my new treasure😎 I had briefly noticed some writing on the sheath but wasn’t overly concerned about that in the moment. At home I paid more attention as I read what was on the sheath. “#6 Rifleman saved as part of TruBal collection This is the last one of #6 final Rifleman model design by HK McEvoy May 1983”. I take this to mean this is the final design version and not necessarily the last one made. It is a very cool piece of history for sure 👍

IMG_4806.jpegIMG_4807.jpegIMG_4808.jpeg

Walking around a gun show yesterday and I spotted this Tru Bal throwing knife in a sheath on a table. Gave it a look and it was an old #6 Rifleman model. Gave the dealer some worthless paper and walked off with my new treasure😎 I had briefly noticed some writing on the sheath but wasn’t overly concerned about that in the moment. At home I paid more attention as I read what was on the sheath. “#6 Rifleman saved as part of TruBal collection This is the last one of #6 final Rifleman model design by HK McEvoy May 1983”. I take this to mean this is the final design version and not necessarily the last one made. It is a very cool piece of history for sure 👍

View attachment 2519035View attachment 2519036View attachment 2519037

Cool.....👍👍👍

Back