1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

True Temper No. TFH carpenters hatchet

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Kutch, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Kutch

Kutch

Dec 26, 2014
    Hello,

I just recently started poking around this section of blade forums. I collect primarily traditional slip-joints and some modern folders. However I like anything with an edge. After discovering this sub forum I went out to the shed and dug out an old hatchet that the previous owner of my house left behind. I was hoping you guys could tell me more about it. Other than some oil and a steel brush, I haven't done much too it. I definitely want to rehandle it, suggestions welcome. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
  3. Kutch

Kutch

Dec 26, 2014
    Thanks Steve! Definitely worth redoing now. The previous owner of this house owned a hardware store and left behind loads of old tools...most which look even older than this hatchet but are still in working shape. I'm slowly going through everything.

4. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Hey, wait. You're living my dream.

5. Kutch

Kutch

Dec 26, 2014
    If yal want...and it's not off topic I could post some pics of said tools in this thread? I don't see any better place on this forum, and you group of guys seem petty knowledgeable on vintage tools and whatnot. If it's ok with the moderators it's ok with me. There is a few old saws in there with medallions on them.

6. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    Oh yes, pictures please.:)

7. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Might be better in the 'It followed me home' thread. It's more of a hodge podge.

8. Kutch

Kutch

Dec 26, 2014
    Can someone help me out and identify whether this Collins is an older model still made in USA or was it produced in Mexico after Collins sold out. I poked around a few websites but can't find anything definite. Thanks in advance

[​IMG][​IMG]