Trugrit- two thumbs up!

DgrantD

BANNED
I just wanted to comment that these guys are great to deal with, I called in and placed an order at around 3:30-4 oclock yesturday and was told they would ship it right now. WOW:eek: most companys (any company) that I have dealt with dont really send stuff out if you call them that late in the day. When he told me that I didnt expect it to actully happen, but lo and behold, my stuff came in today, thats what I call great service, I didnt even ask for fast shiping, and while we are in the same state, (Im in CA at the moment) it still blew me away how fast they were. Needless to say I will be dealing with them again.

Grant

Tru Grit

Tru Grit is near me, and I go and visit from time to time... They are the BEST folks in the world.. I get my orders, most times next day..
Tru Grit ROCKS!!! You wont find finer people in this biz... Prices are good too..

Yeah, I've been buying all my belts there for a couple years, they're my favorite of the companies I deal with, for sure. All the belts you really want, and can recommend the right stuff for what you're doing and the way you do it. It's worth talking to them if you have a question.

Dave

They do actually sell steel and the prices are good. I did order some s30v from them and the steel did arrive straight. One of my pet peeves is when I end up receiving bent steel, but this was not the case with tru grit. The only downside is that I don't think they sell precision ground stock but I could be wrong about that. I definitely agree about their service. They are a bunch of nice people.

Good customer service is the best way to gain and keep customers, bar none. If you get crappy customer service, you'll mostly likely think twice about spending your hard-earned bucks at that place again. I'm not stuck up about it, but unless someone has an exclusive on some item or service I need, I'll go where they are professional and courteous.

As some of you know from a previous post of mine, I'm getting a gas forge. Naturally, I needed to find out where I could get gas for it. My fuel oil company recommended me to another company which handles gas also. The gas account manager was such a dink to me because I said I may not use more than 250 gallons of propane a year. He tried talking over what i was trying to tell him, and was generally pretty rude.

I bought some stuff from Rade Hawkins and Chris Crawford. They responded politely and quickly to my emails and answered all my questions in their pleasing Southern manners (kudos to you guys). It sure makes a big difference when you deal with someone who is nice to you, vs someone who doesnt want to be there let alone deal with you.

Gas, tacos, whatever you are selling you should do it with pride and grace and it will pay off ten-fold. This, btw is good advice to anyone trying to sell their knives at a show.

Nuff Said!

<grin>

I'd upgrade that to saying it's great advice. Even being a poor college ki, I'll change sources in a second if one is rude, and the other one has great customer service, even if that means paying more. TKS has done well on this with me, both times I"ve ordered from them, something was either out of stock, or in one case, discontinued, but the ladies on the phone were EXTREMELY helpful, and helped me find something to substitute and were very pleasant to deal with. Plus they called at reasonable times, which I've had problems with before(probably helps that we're in same time zone, but that's still a peeve to me. They have my address, they should be able to figure out what time it is for me). Admittedly, I was asleep when last one called, but that's just cuz it was spring break and I was being lazy and sleeping in. :)

Well looks like Ill be getting some steel from them also. I also hate getting bent steel.

Back