1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Trying to find a good throwing knife for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Throwing Knives & Knife Throwing' started by his_lady, Mar 19, 2017.

1. johnnyyukon

johnnyyukon

Dec 25, 2013
    I think the True Flight was the first knife throwing knife I bought, like before I even got into it. Cold Steel really do make some bomb proof throwing knives.

But I was gonna say about the paracord, some companies come pre-wrapped (like true flight) and then some peeps, like me, wrap some for the grip.

Couple tips for whoever likes to wrap...

You can cut down on some weight by striping out the inner nylon strands. So end product is pretty darn flat.

That can make it a little less gripy, BUT, and here's something awesome I picked up online somewhere, you can use 2 methods to harden the paracord.

1. Marine epoxy, you gotta get 2 containers and then mix them, I haven't tried this one and forgot name. but seen lots youtubers doing it.

2. Minwax-Wood Hardener. Ha, yup. Just brush it on enough to soak through, sit over night. I've done this with all my wrapped implements of destruction. It protects the cord and adds like 3 times gripness. I'd probably use it on a non thrower like an axe cuz it's that sweet.

I have managed to nick the hardened cord, but it didn't come undone, and on happened once.

can pick up the wood hardner lowes/home depot.

2. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006

3. Sprayman

Sprayman

Nov 15, 2014
    Do you have a sister?