1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Trying to get the Twitch II XL partially serrated

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by FeMid, Jun 20, 2016.

1. FeMid

FeMid

Jun 20, 2016
    Hello!

I am a midshipman at the Naval Academy looking to buy the Twitch II XL knife for my boyfriend (also a midshipman) for our anniversary. I am wondering if anyone could tell me how I could get the blade partially serrated. He does not know about the gift, but the EDC that he carries around now is a tactical folding knife with assisted opening technology and a partially serrated blade. The Twitch II XL fits all these categories, except the partial serration. I need the wooden handle on this knife because I am getting a St. Christopher medallion placed into the handle (I wear a St. Christopher necklace every day as he is the patron saint of travelers and mariners).

Does anyone have any advice about how to get this blade partially serrated and/or know if doing so will damage the blade in any way? I do not know anything about knives, so I worry that changing the blade will mess up the way it closes/opens.

Thank you so much for all your help. This project means a lot.

2. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
  3. FeMid

FeMid

Jun 20, 2016
    Wow yes that looks great thank you so much! Have you ever used his serrations before/would suggest them?

4. Captain O

Captain O Banned BANNED

Apr 14, 2015
    I have met Tom at his Oregon City shop (behind his house) and had him sharpen a pair of knives for me. His work with Kershaw and his patented Veff serrations speak for themselves.

I wholeheartedly recommend his work.

5. Daverageguy

Daverageguy

Nov 19, 2004
    Since ya'll are Navy might i recommend the Trident?