Trying to get the Twitch II XL partially serrated

Hello!

I am a midshipman at the Naval Academy looking to buy the Twitch II XL knife for my boyfriend (also a midshipman) for our anniversary. I am wondering if anyone could tell me how I could get the blade partially serrated. He does not know about the gift, but the EDC that he carries around now is a tactical folding knife with assisted opening technology and a partially serrated blade. The Twitch II XL fits all these categories, except the partial serration. I need the wooden handle on this knife because I am getting a St. Christopher medallion placed into the handle (I wear a St. Christopher necklace every day as he is the patron saint of travelers and mariners).

Does anyone have any advice about how to get this blade partially serrated and/or know if doing so will damage the blade in any way? I do not know anything about knives, so I worry that changing the blade will mess up the way it closes/opens.

Thank you so much for all your help. This project means a lot.

Wow yes that looks great thank you so much! Have you ever used his serrations before/would suggest them?

I have met Tom at his Oregon City shop (behind his house) and had him sharpen a pair of knives for me. His work with Kershaw and his patented Veff serrations speak for themselves.

I wholeheartedly recommend his work.

Back