Trying to post feedback

So you didn't have a problem with your feedback being linked to a specific for sale / trade thread before, but posting in the thread is now a bridge too far?

I really don't understand all the secret squirrel games that people play in the exchange.

~Chip

Me neither. I similarly don't understand the desire to force people to keep or remove pricing out of for sale threads.

So you didn't have a problem with your feedback being linked to a specific for sale / trade thread before, but posting in the thread is now a bridge too far?
Assuming that this is directed at me, I accepted the linking of feedback/rating to a specific thread as an effort to keep the system honest. I wasn't posting in the threads before, so saying that it is NOW a bridge too far is not really an accurate statement.
Again - I'm not trying to sway you. It doesn't matter to me. I'm fine with not giving/receiving trader ratings. The concern that (more) sellers will try to force buyers to post in order to "complete" the transaction is relatively minor to me - I've said no before, and lost knives as a result; why should it cause me stress, now?

I really don't understand all the secret squirrel games that people play in the exchange.

~Chip
Do you need to understand why people prefer one approach over another? I don't understand some seller's insistence that a posted claim is required (now, at least, they can justify it by saying it is required for the rating system); but that's their preference, so so be it. As I mentioned earlier, I have my reasons...and they've come to be for what I consider good reasons. Good enough for me, at least - maybe they're the same as other people's reasons, maybe not. I've never asked to compare notes.

I have trophies turned off for a reason. Lame crap
Thank you for that, but why not likes also? They're the lamest thing about this new joint IMO.

I do appreciate that you've busted your ass getting the changeover done and are here answering questions and tweaking as necessary, but the new site has effected me more in a negative way than positive.

Because I don't care about likes and they are a silent way I can show someone that I agree with them. Trophies are useless

At least the link is hidden unless someone is looking at my profile and I'm pretty sure way more people are looking at sale threads than my profile.

In the same vein, why do we have the option of showing or not showing our logged in status?
Some just value their privacy more than others.

I was thinking something similar, that with the previous software one could fairly accurately identify the seller/buyer of a given item by matching up feedback, sale thread dates, etc. even if the buyer did not post in the seller's thread. If one wanted to go that far.

Now, either a Buyer posts in a Sales thread (thus enabling feedback, for the seller as well), or sends a message privately and foregoes feedback, if this is okay with the Seller.

[A Seller's requiring a post in his or her Sales thread to enable feedback is well within the realm of reasonable terms; posting "PM sent" in a given Sales thread in order to gain an item I want seems a minimal "hoop."]

Seems straightforward to me.... o_O

[Thanks for all your hard work, Spark, and the clarifications along the way. Good stuff. :thumbsup:]

~ P.

Back