TSPROF clamps question

So, I am getting closer to purchasing a TSPROF, probably a KO3, probably the Wranglerstar kit. My question is regarding clamps and blade thickness. My knives range from 0.060 inch to 0.125 inch at the spine. Are the standard clamps that ship with it going to be sufficient, or will I need something extra?

Hi,

I dont know,
Seems like a mystery,

.060in = 1.524 mm
.125in = 3.175 mm

and " tsprof.com constructor " says
K02 Single Clamp 5mm minimum
K02 Double Clamp b5mm minimum

K02 Fillet Clamp 2.5mm maximum

K02 Single Clamp
Swivel symmetrical clip for double-sided grinding without reinstalling of knife. Clamp structure allows to clamp rigidly and symmetricaly knives with complex blade geometry. It is perfectly suitable for hunting and folding with wide spine. Narrow spine knives are not recommended to be sharpen using single clamp as it can be bent.
Recommended knife lendth for the clamp: 50-200 mm.
Minimal knife width 20 mm, spine thickness 5 mm, angle range 10-32 degrees (wide knife range can be different).
Clamp sponges are made from aglow sprung-spring steel 65 g. It isn't suitable for K-01 model. Sponges, screws and flat springs can be bought separately.

K02 Single Clamp
Swivel symmetrical clip for double-sided grinding without reinstalling of knife. Clamp structure allows to clamp symmetricaly and rigidly knives with complex blade geometry. It has an independent mechanism of reinstall clamping sponges. It's suitable for cutlery and fillet knives with narrow spine. In contrast to single clamp, thin knives can be pinched in double clamp only. Thanks to two clamp points thing knives are pinched more rigidly and they are not bent being in double clamp. But in contrast to single clamp double clamp has more narrow sponge of 16 mm in width therefore knives with spine more that 3.5 mm in width are not recommended to be pinched. Minimal distance between the sponges is 40mm., maximal 130 mm.
Recommended knife length for the clamp is 30-300 mm.
Minimal knife width 20mm, thickness in spine 3.5 mm, range of angles 10-32 degrees (range can be changed for wide knives). Clamp sponges are made from aglow sprung-spring steel 65 g.Suitable for K-01 model. Sponges, screws and flat springs can be bought separately.

K02 Fillet Clamp
Special pliers for narrow netting knives with reduced grinding angle. The thin jaws of the clamp are made from spring steel which provides sufficient clamping force. The clamp with the modified configuration of the jaws and the application of the special screws have minimum final sharpening angles of 6.5 g. for each side. It is not recommended to use knives with a thickness of more than 2.5 mm. to avoid damage to sponges.
Recommended knife length for pliers: 30-300 mm. The minimum width of the knife is 10 mm, the thickness of the spine is 2.5 mm, the range of angles is 6.5 to 32 degrees (the range wide knife may be different).
Suitable for K-01. Sponges, screws and flat springs can be purchased separately.

If that was copied directly from their on line literature . . . well . . . :(
I'd be willing to hire on as a proof reader. Then at least one of us will be detail oriented.

Short term answer . . . more sponges ?
Sponges ? ?

( :cool: EP)

PS: Bucketstove : If you typed all that then I salute your perseverance and please ignore the first comment.

on line literature . . . well . . . :(
Nope. Must be them. The place is fraught with typos and weird phrasing :

USD DIGITAL MICROSCOPE
usbMicroscope
knives with a narrow butt. But, unlike a single clamp, in a double clamp a sponge is narrower
sounds like a motor boat. Aren't we talking about the "spine" of the blade not the Butt of the knife ?

Pretty looking hardware. I'll stay tuned.

• Three types of knife clamps for sharpening any knife
That one sounds safe as far as the range of blade spine thicknesses. That is in the description of the kit called : Knife Maker Kit.

Get reinforced spring's for all of your clamps as well they will help a lot when you want to use a bit of pressure and not have the spring's deflect.

Also a good trick to avoid scratching your blade is o get some clear tape and not packing tape get the thicker stuff for repairing books.
All you need to do is to lay the tape on one side of the blade and make sure it over hangs the edge a bit then with an disposable utility knife trim the excess tape from the edge then lift the tape off the blade and place it back on the blade 1 to 2mm higher just to reveal the bevel and then trim off the extra tape from the spine and repeat the same process for the other side.

I also like to use this grease called Super Lube and it's clear,I use it on the guide rod.

https://www.super-lube.com/silicone-lubricating-brake-grease-with-syncolon-ptfe

So, I am getting closer to purchasing a TSPROF, probably a KO3, probably the Wranglerstar kit. My question is regarding clamps and blade thickness. My knives range from 0.060 inch to 0.125 inch at the spine. Are the standard clamps that ship with it going to be sufficient, or will I need something extra?

Those thicknesses will fit in any of the clamps. The descriptions are better on my site www.statesllc.com as I am a native English speaker. There is an end-of-model sale going on for the K03 Wranglerstar kits. Almost $100 off the regular price when the free shipping is counted in. Same day shipping.

George

Those thicknesses will fit in any of the clamps. The descriptions are better on my site www.statesllc.com as I am a native English speaker. There is an end-of-model sale going on for the K03 Wranglerstar kits. Almost $100 off the regular price when the free shipping is counted in. Same day shipping.

George

S.T.A.T.E.S.

How long is the sale going on?

Back