Tuf-glide?

Found a pen of tuf-glide in the closet today and I was wondering if anybody knows what type of chemicals are used in its "dry film?" To date, I've found various products that suit my needs without using the tuf-glide but I'm trialing it on a Vic Swisstool. Sentry Solutions does indicate its non-toxic but I'm doubtful.

Plus, I'd like to know what I'm actually using and how it ends up doing against my go-to's like Fluid Film and CLP.

If you are using it 'correctly' as a lube or a protectorant, the amount left on the blade will be virtually undetectable, so even if you are using old motor oil, it won't harm you to eat an apple cut with the blade. However, if you are of the 'more is better' group, stick with things that say they are non-toxic. This still doesn't mean you can drink them by the glass with impunity. It means used 'correctly' it won't harm you. One or two drops will cover a large blade. You don't need a teaspoon full.

I used Marine Tuf-Glide for years on all my blades (before I switched to FrogLube) and never had a problem.

Stitchawl

I prefer Tuf Glide to CLP for knives.
My 1/2oz of TG still has about 1/4 left and I’ve had this one almost four years so a little goes a long way on the pivot.

That said I only use TG on the pivot and for the blade itself I will use the Frog Lube paste if it needs it.

Super Lube is good also but it is fairly thick and I only use that when I disassemble a knife and I don’t do that often.

Back