Tuff Lite Upgrade

Does anyone know if this will happen? If CS did the TL in XHP, S35vn, even 154 and maybe thickened the tip it would easily pass up my Spydercos and ZTs for favorite and most carried!

+1 and add G-10 handle so it's slimmer and easier to carry, and optionally do FFG. It'll be the best EDC ever.

Also, CS should consider using that thumbhole for more models.

I've suggested this several times over on the CS Forums. I would definitely be in for this. XHP or 35VN, smooth G10 (Or maybe even Carbon Fiber, as its texture is more similar to the Grivory of the Tuff Lite. Maybe Ti?) I personally think the tip thickness is fine the way it is, but if it was a bit thicker I would not mind too much.

For what it's worth, I would also like to see a spear point version of the Tuff Lite. The handle of the TL with a spear point would be an incredible combination.

I've suggested this several times over on the CS Forums. I would definitely be in for this. XHP or 35VN, smooth G10 (Or maybe even Carbon Fiber, as its texture is more similar to the Grivory of the Tuff Lite. Maybe Ti?) I personally think the tip thickness is fine the way it is, but if it was a bit thicker I would not mind too much.

For what it's worth, I would also like to see a spear point version of the Tuff Lite. The handle of the TL with a spear point would be an incredible combination.

The spear/clip point version of the Tuff Lite will probably looks like one of these:
http://www.511tactical.com/drt-folding-knife-plain-edge.html
http://www.511tactical.com/dtp-knife.html
http://www.511tactical.com/min-pin-folding-knife-plain-edge.html

How did it go over on there?

How did it go over on there?

A lot of support, nearly the same as here. Everyone agreed that an upgraded Tuff Lite would be a great idea. Back in November 30 of last year, someone else also suggested a Tuff Lite XL- 4" blade, XHP, G10 handle, with thicker stock and ffg. Sound similar to one of the ideas on this forum.
There was also talk of moving it to a tip-up carry.

Yep, that is kind of what I was thinking. In fact, several months ago, when this discussion was ongoing at the CS Forums, I made a concept mockup of what I envisioned the Spear Point TL to look like. Just a warning, it is not a very good mockup, all I had to work with was Paint:
Tuff%20Lite%20Spear%20Point%20Concept_zpshyzemcyw.png

The blade proportions would obviously be different on the production model, and I'm kind of second guessing moving the clip, but personally I wold really like the above model.

Last edited:
I would LOVE tosee this upgraded. It is one of my favorite folders, and G10 or carbon fiber, with XHP or 20CV would be awesome. I too would like a full flat grind with a bit thicker tip, and I'd more more than willing to pay a good deal more for the upgrades.

A lot of support, nearly the same as here. Everyone agreed that an upgraded Tuff Lite would be a great idea. Back in November 30 of last year, someone else also suggested a Tuff Lite XL- 4" blade, XHP, G10 handle, with thicker stock and ffg. Sound similar to one of the ideas on this forum.
There was also talk of moving it to a tip-up carry.

Yep, that is kind of what I was thinking. In fact, several months ago, when this discussion was ongoing at the CS Forums, I made a concept mockup of what I envisioned the Spear Point TL to look like. Just a warning, it is not a very good mockup, all I had to work with was Paint:
Tuff%20Lite%20Spear%20Point%20Concept_zpshyzemcyw.png

The blade proportions would obviously be different on the production model, and I'm kind of second guessing moving the clip, but personally I wold really like the above model.
Did CS say anything about this? I also really like the spear point idea!

Did CS say anything about this? I also really like the spear point idea!

Never got an official response, but it was well received by other forums members. Who knows, maybe they will take the suggestion. I know there have been several instances of CS producing items that were suggested on its official forum (The Rondel and the Cinqueda being notable examples), so we'll see.

Back