TULSA, OK KNIFE SHOW????

Does anyone have the basic details on the Tulsa knife show coming up?

I think it is either this weekend or the next. Can you confirm the dates and times and the location?

Is this show a goood one---worth drive about 4 hours for???? I am looking primarily for Randalls and custom/semi customs.

thanks

Matt

Matt,
The Tulsa show is in April. Not exactly sure when, but probably the first weekend. I will have to check. That show makes it there 2 times a year. It is a gun/knife show and it is HUGE. I was there last fall with fellow forumites Ray Kirk and Richard. It was a good show. For a gun/knife show, there were a lot of knives. Newt Livesay, Bob Dozier, and Martin Pullen are just a few of the names I remember off the top of my head. Couple of custom dealers and lesser know makers there as well. It really is a good show. Get their early, and be ready to walk a long ways to get to the doors. Parking is very scarce, and the parking lots are massive. The show is packed from open to close. It is well worth the trip.

hey guys:
I'm gunna go too.
smile.gif

Here's the info:
Date: April 7&8
Time: Saturday 8a.m. to 7p.m.
Sunday 8a.m. to 5p.m.
Fellows this thing is huge!!!! 11 acres and more than 3700 tables!!
Enjoy.

The "good" show is in April as stated above. There was a show this last weekend, but although they call it a gunshow, its more of a junk sale. Anytime they advertise a show in the "trade center" you can bet its just a tiny step above a flea market. Wait until the wannamacher in april, to be held in the 'expo square' and it will definantely be worth your 4 hour drive. The april show will have darn near any knife you can think of...Customs (dealers and makers there) production, semi-prod.....you name it.

------------------
Richard Todd - Digital knife photography
icq 61363141
My WebSite
Do your site a favor, get quality digital images!!!
New photos added!!!

I see you mentioned Randalls. In the April show, you will find Randalls all over the place, more Randalls than Les Robertson can shake a stick at
smile.gif
There are also a few huge "Randall only" dealers that set up at the show....every model you can imagine.

------------------
icq 61363141
My WebSite
New photos added!!!

I will be there; set up downstairs with a table or two. Tom Clinton sets up downstairs with all his Randalls, and if he dont have the Randall you want, I dont know who does. Like the guys said, this is a HUGE show! So huge, that you can literally get lost. It is mainly a gun show, but since the show is so huge, there are enough knifemakers and knife tables to fill up a couple of normal knife shows. Put some padded insoles in your shoes before you go, you wont regret it. The show is on concrete and your feet will hurt some. See ya there.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

i'm going to make this show too i think!

------------------
Unless you're the lead dog,The scenery never changes!!!
Gregg Lane
Peddler,of fine Goods

I go to the small shows like last weekend 'cause I live in Tulsa.

But for big show, Wanenmacher (sp), I plan my Spring and Fall weekends around it! It takes me about six hours to walk the whole thing.

It's at the Expo Building at the Fairgrounds. Can't miss it.

Parking does suck, but last October they ran a shuttle service. You could park on the grass fields on the West side of the fairgrounds and take a shuttle bus to the front door (about five minutes). Usually shuttle buses suck, but this worked like a charm, and sure beats normal parking. If they run it again, you bet I'm using it.

Finally, there is construction on the North side of the fairgrounds, and all the North entrances/exits have been closed. If this is still the case, expect bad gridlock at the primary South entrance. I would suggest approaching from the West (from Harvard onto 21 Street) and either parking in the grass fields (turn at Bell's Amusement park before the Expo Building), or the secondary South entrance at the Golden Driller. Even if you use the Primary South Entrance from this direction, it is better. All of the East and most of the North and South traffic comes in from Yale onto 21 Street, and it locks up all the way to the Yale/21 intersection.

[This message has been edited by kevinb17 (edited 03-20-2001).]

those of us that make it should get together for lunch somewhere.
sounds like a blast,gotta get that weekend off!

I took my nephew to the October show. We walked for two days and only saw 3/4 of the tables. The parking does suck, but the shuttle works well.
There is a great Italian resturant on 61st and Memorial, called Uno's. Don't miss it. The manager's name is Adrianna. IF you go there, tell her that you are there for the Gun Show. If she hears from enough Gun Show people they will start offering special deals for us.

------------------
Although it does not mindfully keep guard in the small mountain fields, the scarecrow does not stand in vain
Bukkoku

:
And Lile Knive's usually have a huge setup as well with lots and lots of knives for sale.
They may not be Jimmy's blade's but they're based on his grinds and have great quality control and good looking knives.
smile.gif

I am definitely gonna make it for one day!!!!

------------------

>>>>---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net---->®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

Yvsa, one of these days we should get together and play knives, I always forget that you are only about 20 minutes from me
smile.gif
Looking forward to seeing everybody at the show. Last time I met Jeremy and Ray Kirk there, was a real pleasure.

------------------
icq 61363141
My WebSite
New photos added!!!

Oh yeah. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. If you have a coat leave it in your car, all those people packed together it gets hot! Did I mention wear comfy shoes?
Wear comfy shoes.
smile.gif

okay how about any hotels or motels in that area that are cheap????

any recommendation's

------------------
Gregg Lane
Peddler,of fine Goods

So to confirm---let me know if this is correct---

The show is not as good as the one in APR but still is a pretty good one

held at the Fairgrounds Expo Center APR 7+8 starting at 0830 in the morning.

Is this correct???? I am planning on being there----need to sell my Randall 18 and Byrd Spear!!!

Bowler1, wait for the April show. You will not be dissapointed and it's a pretty safe assumption that you will find a Randall you want to buy or find some one willing to buy one of yours.
smile.gif
Definatly wait till the April 7&8 show.

:
Sounds good Richard.
I sent yu an e-mail with my home number.
I bought a nice little hunter off of Ray Kirk at the Little Rock Arkansas show a while back. I also got one of Ronny Foster's first knives as well.
Ray's of course is 52100 and Ronny's is 1084. Both are great little knives and I would recommend Ray and Ronny to anyone.
smile.gif

------------------
>>>>---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net---->®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

I asked about hotels in this post a few days ago ANYONE!

is this a decent area? (safe, clean etc etc)

------------------
Gregg Lane
Peddler,of fine Goods

Back