Turkey hunters.... sound off.

I was very lucky this year. I usually do not have enough time to go in the spring so this was really a new experience for me. I made an improve "scoot and shoot" type decoy that worked excellent. It was so cool to see him run up to the decoy and strut around him. It was a drizzly day and no birds were talking. Good luck guys.
qr0qFPv.jpg

Tomorrow is the big day for me. 40 degrees F, 1-2 inches of rain and an east/northeast wind at 15 gusting to 30. Looks like rain everyday day til next Tuesday.
I'll report.

I have not fired a shot. I have called in a couple young birds. I've had a couple extremely productive mushroom hunts. The weather has been interesting but overall I'm enjoying life. Here's a few pics from last weekend. The first 3 are a primative time lapse that I took with my phone while admiring the sunrise. The last pic is the view from the opposite side of the mountain once the sun was up.

Last edited:
Been in the thick of it, but you know how turkeys hunting is......
Maybe tomorrow will be the day.:)
20190510_080113.jpg

Well, it didn't happen this year. Was on birds every day and the woods is so wonderful this time of year that killing a bird is NOT number one on the list. Glad it's over, kinda; getting up at 3 and to bed by 8 is hard on this ole boy. :D

Long distances for a shot, from the looks of it. What's the minimum rifle cartridge for turkey? Will 22 Mag rimfire do?

Back