Turkey Slayer

Mark Williams

It's about that time. MMMM cant wait to eat the turkey I won at the shoot.

Anyway, I posted the details of the knife in the gallery . This is made from Bruce Evans damascus and has a sheath by Martin (Sandy) Morrissey. It's a bigun. 19" oal. 13 " blade.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats a hell of a knife :eek: Really nice work!

Are you going to carve the turkey with it on thanksgiving? ;)

I really like that sheath too. You've got me to thinking I might need to have one made for one of my own knives I carry.

Jeez, nice one! That's some great tooling on the sheath too. Looks purty sharp!

That's a fine 'oooh-aaaah' knife because that's what your dinner guests will say when they watch you carve the turkey with that knife!!

Wow, this is the knife! Man that was worth the wait, you just nailed that one down tight. Way to go Mark, this is what it's all about. :D Thanks for sharing,

Mark Williams

You guys are my inspiration :)

Just kidding .........

Thanks for the nice comments. I hope Bruce Evans will see it. He had wanted to see what I was up to with such a big billet. He did one hell of a good job on it. It is absolutely flawless.

I had the time of my life sitting there with Sandy in his shop watching him create the sheath. The tooling was a lesson in art. This was no patern either. Sandy just picked up a few tools and whipped it right up. He is a true master of leather.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Got to see this in person, guys.....and it's even better than the pictures. I can't find the words to describe the first time I saw it sitting on the table. It just demands attention.

The balance is great too, because the blade is not too beefy....feels light in the hand.

Mark - you're too modest.....this is truly outstanding work.

That is a fantastic knife Mark. The whole thing is great and what the heck is that handle. Tell us more, it looks great!

fitzo

Gold Member
Way cool piece of knifecraft, Mark. And what a complement Sandy's work is to the whole package.

mike