Turkey Slicer

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Today I have finished my first turkey slicer, commissioned by the grandmother of a coworker and friend. She gave me poetic licence (I think she meant artistic!) as far as the handle goes. I wasn't sure what to do, so her grandson later told me that she likes things that defy symmetry. So this is what I came up with. Constructive feedback is welcome.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_6007.JPG
IMG_6008.JPG
IMG_6009.JPG
IMG_6010.JPG
IMG_6011.JPG
IMG_6006.JPG
IMG_6012.JPG

I like it! How many inches is the blade & the handle. While I like the index finger cutout One thing I would recommend, being a maker that specializes in Culinary Cutlery is to make more of a downward finger guard to stop the hand at the Ricassio area to a voice someone with Turkey or pork greased up hands from possible cutting themselves by having there hand slide forward... What is the handle material as well?thanks Laurence

Here is a 7” utility carver etc where I’d like to share the index & second finder cutouts being in the handle and the heel is the blade dropping. I hope these ideas help.BF595050-D594-4D25-B3CC-71F0FCD1DAC0.jpeg

I like it

Thank you!

How many inches is the blade & the handle.

7 3/4" blade, 4 1/2" handle scale, or 5 3/4" to the cutting edge.

While I like the index finger cutout One thing I would recommend, being a maker that specializes in Culinary Cutlery is to make more of a downward finger guard to stop the hand at the Ricassio area to a voice someone with Turkey or pork greased up hands from possible cutting themselves by having there hand slide forward...

Thank you. I will certainly bear that in mind going forward.

What is the handle material as well?thanks Laurence

Natural and OD green canvas Micarta, with stainless steel pins. Thank you for all your comments Laurence, and nice to meet you. Beautiful knife you made there too. I'm going to need to figure out how to put my mark on mine as well sooner or later.

R Rhinoknives1

Laurence, today is delivery day for the knife. I have therefore taken the opportunity to implement your good advice. The finger guard is now deeper, with a more downward angle to the ricasso, and indeed more effective to prevent sliding forward, even when the knife (and hand!) is freshly oiled. Thanks again.

IMG_6048.JPG
IMG_6049.JPG

Back