Tutorial: Leather-Covered Kydex Sheath for Big Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good stuff, printed and saved. I'll be trying my hand at some kydex stuff in the future, I guess I'll have to stick to the utilitarian models since you have the nice fancy stuff wrapped up :D

Dan, Congratulations on persevering and putting this tutorial together into such an informative & appealing package. Very well done!!

Simply saying "Thank you" seems abyssmally inadequate and insufficient, but my thanks, respect, and appreciation for your efforts are all I can offer. So please accept them with my gratitude for posting this lesson in sheathmaking with the involved steps shown so clearly.

Pen, I saved the whole process to my hard drive for future reference. That is a fantastic piece of work, both the product and the process. Thanks

Gee, there's nothing I can add.... Except to say, Dan Koster? Sure, I knew him when!!!!:D

Guys, thanks for the kind words...!

Here's a teaser video of the sheath in action:

Video

Enjoy!
(sorry about the crappy video quality, but hey, it's only 65KB :p)

Yippeeee!!! :) :) :)

I’ve been waiting for this to be finished! What an incredible job.

I told Dan in the beginning that if he made a tutorial out of my sheath, I would have a famous sheath, and now it’s already up in lights on Dan Gray’s sheath section. Soon everyone will be linking to this tutorial, and before you know it, the whole world will know about my famous sheath.

I can hardly believe I’m the guy that gets this.

Try not to drool over it too much everyone. It is very nice. :D

I asked for the khuk to be able to be one hand pulled, and that video clip Dan took says it all.

Super job Dan! I am truly amazed. That is a great tutorial, and the sheath is everything I asked for, and it’s even beyond my expectations. And it’s all put together for a Chiruwa I bought from Eric (Hoghead), that he sent straight to Dan for me. I’ve haven’t even got my hands on that khuk yet, or the sheath yet either, of-course.

Now guess who’s going to be checking the mail everyday.

I must say, Dan is a great guy to deal with. Just send him your khuks, knives, or whatever, and he’ll get you fixed up. :cool:

Shane – Psalm 150

Great tutorial and the vid shows how effective the sheath work is when needing the knife at the ready and accessed quickly.

Great job sir.

Brownie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back