1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Twin Bushfingers :)

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Pinnacle64, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Pinnacle64

Pinnacle64 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    My second Bushfinger arrived both are 1/8 A2 blade stock current production.

However, there is a difference like all custom hand made knifes each has its own soul and feel to it.

If you look you will notice the red burlatex knife has a tapered spine while the yellow burlatex does not.

The yellow non taper weight is 5.5oz and the red taper is 4.9oz.

To me the yellow burlatex handle has a slightly noticeable thicker feel to it which I personally prefer for wood working. Just fills the hand alittle more overall.

EDC and hunting the the reduced weight and bulk of the tapered red burlatex is a plus in its own right.

At the end of the day both have a awesome just slightly different feel it’s a toss up which I prefer still.

B7FF9E3F-DE91-47D7-AE0C-705A992DD53D.jpeg CA3D41F7-66D4-427C-8EB4-835522D1ED27.jpeg

2. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Nice pair! Congrats!

3. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Oh yeah!! Those are nice :thumbsup:. Like them both!! :D It’s the right thing to do. ;)

You going to try the Kephart next?

4. Pinnacle64

Pinnacle64 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Have a Kephart 1/8 stock A2 Navy Burlatex handle already :)

So far all Burlap or Burlatex handles just like the durability of Micarta. That said Osage is my wood so that could happen in the future.

2 Bushfingers
    Kephart
    Drop Point Renegade
    Nessmuk

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    VANCE, Lady1911 and Choppaman like this.
  5. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Great start. Sorry I missed that Kephart you got. :thumbsup: