1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Twist-O-Flex watch band adjustment?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by rdg, Dec 8, 2003.

1. rdg

rdg

Oct 30, 2002
    I have a twist-o-flex band on the watch I just got through ebay and it's too long. Does anyone know how to take links out?
    Bob

2. Grey Area

Grey Area

Dec 20, 2000
    I have had one of these shortened. Unfortunately I do not know really how to do it. But judging from the links that were removed, you have to bend away the ends of both the outer and the inner metal plates with some tool; the ends on mine are bent open that way. Depending on the worth of the watch it might be better to have a watchmaker handle this.

Kristofer

3. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore

Jul 28, 2003
    Are you referring to the bands that stretch with metal links like the old windup wrist-watches? I've shortened those with patience. It involves bending two metal tabs out or something, I don't have it anymore so I can't remember :(

4. rdg

rdg

Oct 30, 2002
    Yeah, these are strechy stainless steel bands. I gave up and went to a jeweler. All done now. Thanks guys.
    Bob

5. EvilOverlord

EvilOverlord

Jun 27, 2003
    It'd pretty easy. All you need is tweezers. Bend back the ends on all 4 sides of the area you wish to remove. Pull out the little "C" connectors, remove links, place "C" connectors back in and close ends.

6. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    Since it is a "Twist-O-Flex", couldn't you have just tied it in a knot once or twice?...(That would have shortened it, without a trip to the jeweler.).

...Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:D.:D.