Two Nice Ones from an Old Store

I was way down East in NC and stopped in an old general store. Typical sagging wooden floor and crammed with goodies of all descriptions. Rounded an aisle and found myself standing in front of a large Old Timer display! Here are two I couldn't resist!

IMG_2876.jpg

I've been carrying the 1250T ever since!

textoothpk

BANNED
Great find! You have two very desirable knives there! This will get everyone here scouting out old hardware stores this weekend.

dawgit, you obviously have exquisite tastes in knives. Please don't be a stranger here.
You lucky guy,

Phil

I have been using Old Timer's for over 20 years. They have always been one of my favorites. I also like Camillus brand and Ontario. Just a blue collar sort of knife fanatic.

I'm definitely going back to check out that store again. One of the knives was a three blade with one serrated blade? I meant to get that one but got so excited grabbing up these two that I plum forgot. Next day off I'll take a road trip; it's exactly 100 miles from my place.

Codger_64

Really nice finds! And they have been sitting there for a while! The three blade sounds like an 89OT Blazer, a variant of the 8OT Senior Stockman. Last MSRP on it was $33.95 in 1999.

Codger :thumbup:
(Oh great! Now I have Woodsman envy!):eek:

Now that's what I like to see, nice pics of nice knives. I would definitely go back for 89OT, one of my first EDC's.
Thanks Rick

I paid $34.95 for each one. The 1650T didn't have a price tag and was setting in the bottom shelf inside the display case. The owner of the store said he would sell it for the same price as the 1250T. I was fine with that. He said the prices had not been changed in 15 years, and that the only folks who had bought them were old tobacco farmers. Now that tobacco growing has gone, I guess Old Timer had to follow....

Wow,a new 165OT for $35.00 !!!!!!!!!!
How far is that store from SW Pennsylvania ?????????????
Ok,Codger,when was the 165OT last made?
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Codger_64

Last catalog listing was in 1991 for $51.95, but they kept producing the last issue of the 165UH after that (1994 - 1997), and used them for SFO's for a bit longer. I think that one (fold down woodgrain box) was made in the late seventies/early to mid eighties. Check for copyright dates on the papers and the box.

Most definately a neat purchase. And with users being plentiful out there, it is one I would keep together with the box in NIB condition. I have only one of the 165OT's NIB, a Schrade Walden #13753 in the woodgrain slip-top presentation box with stone.

Codger

I've been searching in vain for a haul like that, nice job. If it were me I'd go back and get any more of these models that are still available, the 165OT and 125OT are two of the best. Nice to see there are some goodies still hiding out there.