Two of my traditional sheaths at a deep discount - IF - you order a Fiddleback.

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
I had these for sale at 10 dollars off or so - but then I had an idea.

If you order a new Bushcrafter or a Hunter and you want my sheath - I will sell these for 40 dollars shipped to you.

All you need to do is confirm a sale with Andy (Fiddleback) and let me know - I will ship the sheath to you directly.

That is 25 dollars off my normal price! Order custom - get it with custom pants for dirt cheap!

WadeHsSheaths014.jpg

Bushcrafter sheath:

No stain, 8-10 ounce leather - THICK welt cut with a stop (to prevent over inserting the knife) - stud and keeper - slight pocket. Protected with two coats of Montana Pitch Blend.

WadeHsSheaths001.jpg

WadeHsSheaths005.jpg

WadeHsSheaths003.jpg

WadeHsSheaths004.jpg

Hunter sheath. 8-10 ounce leather, very nice welt, light brown (3 coats), 2 coats of Montana Pitch Blend, stud and keeper:

WadeHsSheaths009.jpg

WadeHsSheaths011.jpg

WadeHsSheaths010.jpg

WadeHsSheaths012.jpg

TF

Last edited:
I will take both of them. I have a Bushcrafter on order with Andy and am waiting for Derrick from KSF to list his new Hunters. If I dont buy one of his hunters I will order one direct from Andy. Does this work?

Works for me - as long as Andy gets business I am happy. This is what he does - I make sheaths for fun - SUPPORT ANDY AND YOUR LOCAL KNIFE MAKERS I SAY! ;)

Sent you an e-mail.

TF

Paypal sent. Cant wait until I have the knives for the new leather. Thanks TF!

Andy will treat you right man - his stuff is really immaculate these days.

Ships Wednesday.

TF

I did not buy my Hunter from KSF. I placed my order with Andy before KSF displayed the Hunters on Derricks web page. Man those went fast. I just received my sheaths today and they are very high quality and worth paying full price.

No. This was a one time mistake - and a reason to hope drive sales for Andy. My work is worth the money I charge. ;)

Thanks,

TF

No. This was a one time mistake - and a reason to hope drive sales for Andy. My work is worth the money I charge. ;)

Thanks,

TF

I just recieved the last hunter that KSF had. Do you have a web site? I would love to order one of your sheaths.

Thanks,

TF

Guys, its tough being a sheathmaker because folks spent their $ on the knife, and really don't want to pay a sheathmaker fair wage for his time after that. Even makers as great as Sandy Morissey complain of this, and I have personally discussed this with Sandy in the pit at Bladeshow.

Tal charges entry level prices for work that is no longer entry level. Its EXTREMELY hard for a craftsman to break that entry level price ceiling and charge more. It was hard for me to raise prices even 15% recently. I was very concerned to do so, and deliberated it for weeks with trepidation.

It was very generous for him to sell these at a discount, and I thank you Tal for doing it here!!! You are a fine sheathmaker my friend, and I'm very happy to have teamed up with you.

BTW. Get your ass to Blade Show this year my brother. The sheathmakers, great great sheathmakers are going to be there, and I can introduce you to some men that are masters. I know I know. Not easy. Do it.

Guys, its tough being a sheathmaker because folks spent their $ on the knife, and really don't want to pay a sheathmaker fair wage for his time after that. Even makers as great as Sandy Morissey complain of this, and I have personally discussed this with Sandy in the pit at Bladeshow.

Tal charges entry level prices for work that is no longer entry level. Its EXTREMELY hard for a craftsman to break that entry level price ceiling and charge more. It was hard for me to raise prices even 15% recently. I was very concerned to do so, and deliberated it for weeks with trepidation.

It was very generous for him to sell these at a discount, and I thank you Tal for doing it here!!! You are a fine sheathmaker my friend, and I'm very happy to have teamed up with you.

I didn't ask for a discount, looks like a quality sheath and I wanted info on how to commision one.

I didn't ask for a discount, looks like a quality sheath and I wanted info on how to commision one.

I can see how my post seemed aimed at you, and I apologize for that. I didn't intend to embarass you, the post wasn't intended to call you out. Sorry about that.

I can see how my post seemed aimed at you, and I apologize for that. I didn't intend to embarass you, the post wasn't intended to call you out. Sorry about that.

Think nothing of it. My hide is thick as buffalo leather, besides I really like the one knife I have of yours(hunter) and think you are a talented, stand up guy.

I appreciate the talent folks have, and don't mind paying for good quality and workmanship. At least what I can afford to.

BUT if you feel really bad, and you have one of those nice looking Woodsmans laying around that you could sell me, I think that would square things up quite nice between us. hehehe

Think nothing of it. My hide is thick as buffalo leather, besides I really like the one knife I have of yours(hunter) and think you are a talented, stand up guy.

I appreciate the talent folks have, and don't mind paying for good quality and workmanship. At least what I can afford to.

BUT if you feel really bad, and you have one of those nice looking Woodsmans laying around that you could sell me, I think that would square things up quite nice between us. hehehe

Hey Andy, I was only kidding on that last part.

Haha - I can see where Andy is coming from. I try to offer my sheaths at a price commensurate to the quality I am turning out.

The basic sheaths exist and some are great - JRE, Sharpshooter and the like - but it is TOUGH for the uninitiated to see why mine is double theirs for something that looks so similar.

TF

Tal,

I just ordered a Terassaur from Andy. Do you have any sheaths that will fit or do I need to send you the knife? I have not received it yet so I may need to play with it some....before I send it out.

Randy

Anvil,

I am sure he knew - he has a good sense of humor - I mean - he hangs out with me.

Yellow,

I would need it in hand to make a proper wet form. Play with it a bit - then pm me.

TF

Back