• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Paring Knives ((SOLD))

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I used to think that all my knives were kitchen knives if they were used in the kitchen but I am learning the subtle differences between the two uses. I started these with 3/32 bar stock thinning them down slightly and flat grinding all the way from the spine to the edge. This makes for a thin knife with a very fine edge for slicing. When I ran the tempering cycle on these I kept them just a little harder (Rc 60-62) than my hunting and camp knives thinking that someone in the kitchen will contact bones with these but probably never use them to hack off a branch or baton some kindling. I also rounded the spine for comfort (something I never thought about until a customer told me that she tends to choke up on the blades of her knives and developed a blister using a squared off spine.)

Stock removal from 3/32 52100 steel
Flat grind with a machine finish
Stabilized curly maple and rosewood handles
Overall length on the rosewood is 8 3/8 inches with a 4 inch blade
Overall length on the curly maple is 8 3/8 inches with a 3 3/4 inch blade

SOLD which includes mailing to the US or Canada. My PayPal account is gldrewknives@gmail.com I will also take a check with time to clear or a USPS money order.

6-22-13_1.jpg6-22-13_2.jpg6-22-13.jpg

Last edited:
Back