Two Polaris

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Here are two Polaris made with CPM S35VN I recently finished.
Scott

2polaris.jpg

Are these the ones I saw in your shop (can't see pics right now)? Very nice, great feel in the hand. You and Kevin came up with a great design on the Polaris.

Wow!

Those look like great bushcrafting knives.

I've only tried S35VN with folders. I wonder how it will stand up to the rigors of bushcrafting. Pretty good I'd guess.

Thanks. These are already spoken for. Cost with this steel is $265.00.
BTW, beanbag, I tested S35VN last year and it holds up quite well to hard use.
Scott

Man, those do look nice Scott...how long will they be around the shop for? I would love to hold one.

The bottom one is gone, the top one I made to test out down in Georgia on hogs as well as some woods time. I want to see how it works as a hunting knife.
Scott

Excellent...I'll have to come by in the next few weeks to see how it feels in hand! You really seem to like that S35V for those smaller knives. Isn't your personal UNK made from that too?

I had one in S35 but that one is no longer in my possesion. I have one in CPM 154 and one in S90V. I mainly EDC the CPM 154.
Scott

Sorry...must have been thinking of the S90V then. Or maybe I was just inventing things in my head, lol.

The bottom one is gone, the top one I made to test out down in Georgia on hogs as well as some woods time. I want to see how it works as a hunting knife.
Scott

Use my polaris in A2 on a hog the other day. Been thinking about a polaris or a mini tusker in CPM -154 or one of the other super steels.

The bottom Polaris without the thong hole is mine. It's black and green linen micarta and S35VN with stainless pins.

The pics don't do the knife justice. The fit and finish are just about flawless! Great contouring of the handle too; fits like a glove and knife is nicely balanced. It came with a well made pouch style wet formed sheath.

All I can say is that this Polaris is probably the nicest handmade I've had in forty years of collecting.

Many thanks to Scott Gossman for a job very well done! He's one heck of a knife maker!

DF

DF, thank you very much for the kind words and compliments. I hope the knife brings you many years of use. Enjoy!
Scott

Those will stick ya! Looking good buddy. Looks like a thinner blade grind also maybe. Like it!

Back