two ?'s..

How is the tang on the chimera, how thick and wide, and lastly rounded or squared. 2nd ? Why the hole in the kukris tang???

Your second question is easy - there's actually a hole through the end of the handle for a lanyard, and the tang goes all the way to the back.

As for the first question, we'll grab the specs on that. We are really enjoying the technical questions we're getting here, but sometimes we have to run around and grab that info. In the meantime, we can let you know that we didn't name it after a legendary beast accidentally.

Your second question is easy - there's actually a hole through the end of the handle for a lanyard, and the tang goes all the way to the back.

As for the first question, we'll grab the specs on that. We are really enjoying the technical questions we're getting here, but sometimes we have to run around and grab that info. In the meantime, we can let you know that we didn't name it after a legendary beast accidentally.

In the okc kukri, I mean the first hole which is I think in the middle of the tang. Im itching to get both the chimera and kukri, and atm just waiting on tang specs. Both the kukri and chimera look fantastic, and from what pics I have seen the fit and finish is great.

I just bought a kukri 2 weeks ago. Not a bad knife by any means. Two issues with it though. Mine came with a poorly sharpened edge and second the blade grind started over an inch difference from side to side from handle. Not real impressed. Since re sharpening the edge it cuts very well. Quality (control) of the lower price point Kershaw Camp 10 recurve I have is much better.

I got the Chimera from the contest 2 days ago. It's a pretty sweet knife, I haven't put it to any real test yet, but when I do, I'll take pics. The serrations are the sickest thing I've seen in a long time.

I got the Chimera from the contest 2 days ago. It's a pretty sweet knife, I haven't put it to any real test yet, but when I do, I'll take pics. The serrations are the sickest thing I've seen in a long time.

Congratulations! I bet the handle is comfortable. I really want one, but gotta get an idea of the tangs specs, or better yet pics of an exposed tang.

Congratulations! I bet the handle is comfortable. I really want one, but gotta get an idea of the tangs specs, or better yet pics of an exposed tang.

Our Quality Manager has one with an exposed tang, we just have to find him in his office (as you can imagine, the quality manager is out and about on the factory floor basically always).

lYNKdPk.jpg

Sorry it took us so long to get this for you, here's the picture and some stats below. It's as full a tang as you can really have with a Kraton handle.

0.200” thick
5.175” long
0.557” wide at tang/blade shoulder tapering to 0.548 wide just before the pommel
0.313” wide where the tang inserts into the pommel.

You guys came through for me! Thank you so much! Lol that made me smile ear-to-ear, and being sick in bed, I needed that! I can hear my wallet protesting already. Gotta get one!

I just bought a kukri 2 weeks ago. Not a bad knife by any means. Two issues with it though. Mine came with a poorly sharpened edge and second the blade grind started over an inch difference from side to side from handle. Not real impressed. Since re sharpening the edge it cuts very well. Quality (control) of the lower price point Kershaw Camp 10 recurve I have is much better.

The QC on the Spec Plus khukuri I bought for my son was great and it was very sharp. I have been really impressed with this blade as it's obvious some thought went into the design, and the price is great.

Back