Two slipjoints giveaway

I have these two slipjoints that I want to give to the first person that wants to help a young person build there collection. THANKS FOR LOOKING, THESE ARE HEADED TO A GOOD HOME

I had been looking for a trade for a dogleg Jack. Because of the generous nature of the great people that visit this sub-forum I have a dogleg jack example headed my way. Thanks to you guys that offered to send me your knives as patterns. You know who you are!

I will pay shipping, no strings other than hopefully you will use these two knives to get a young person interested in slipjoints.

First one that lets me know here gets them shipped out Monday or Tues.

Free shipping in CONUS. only, thanks.
IMGP2722_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ken - if this counts, I'll take them. I'm taking over our local scout pack here, and this year our den (our boys are going to be Bears) is going to start learning how to use a pocket knife. I want to get them American made if possible. I and some of the dads have been talking about getting each kid a pocket knife this year.

Off to church - I'll check back this afternoon.

Thanks again -

thanks -

That is very generous of you Ken. I am sure they will find a good home. Looking forward to seeing your version of the dogleg jack.

You got em!

PM me with your shipping address and I will get them out to you Monday or Tuesday.

Ken

That was very knice of you, I used to have that same Remington Peanut.

That's what I like about this place, people like you and Blue, Jack Knife and all the others, ya make it feel like a family with all the sharin' and givin', bless you guys.

Great gesture Ken!.

Keeping kids out doors and appreciating our planets resources is an extremely worthwhile cause these days. Done it myself many times right here in my own neighborhood for years by doing many pocket knife give-a-ways. It pays nice dividends.

orca,

perhaps you could start a thread sometime after your troop is situated with some pictures of the kids and there whittling projects or what have you?. That would be cool.

Best,

Anthony

PS{ + 1 On Exactly what T. Erdelyi said about the great folksy family like atmosphere here in this forum!!

Last edited:

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Ken, thanks much for adding to the great feeling of community here.

I'm particularly pleased that CPR (Orca) is getting these as just the other day for no reason whatsoever he asked for my mailing address so that he could send me some of those RR's that have been getting a fair amount of discussion these past months. Now I'll be able to see for myself what the fuss is about.

I'm glad to see that this is another (good) instance of what goes around, comes around. :thumbup:

Congrats to you both! :cool:

You got em!

PM me with your shipping address and I will get them out to you Monday or Tuesday.

Ken

Ken - I'll pm this afternoon - thank you very much for this gesture; :):thumbup:

It will mean a lot to these boys. We have seven "Bears" in our den, maybe more if more sign up next week, before school. We already have several knives lined up, from dads, grandpas, and older brothers who are scouts; one from allowance money :thumbup:; a couple from my collection: a SchradeUSA Jack and an Imperial Barlow (one of my favorites); and, as of now, your two will "complete the package", I think.

This idea started last year when Camillus closed, and I bought some of the last "wolf" scout utility knives they made, down at the council office store. We decided to go with traditional patterns, as I haven't located enough of the utility pattern to go around.

Just to clarify, the reason we were specifying American made - and UK made as well, since one of the boy scout founders was an Englishman - is that all of our dads in the den had an American made pocket knife of some sort growing up, so we figured we'd keep with that tradition. Ironically, only one dad had a utility knife as his EDC, so the traditionals are what we're all familiar with anyway.

The plan is to give them to our "Bears" no later than Christmas, hopefully much earlier, so they can work on whittling badges. At this stage, I'm just taking over as cubmaster, and since some of our activities are after hours, but on school grounds, I have to get with the pack legal folks and make sure we're "following the rules", regarding kids with knives.

I'll definitely post a thread or threads here, with photos, and I'll pm you especially, Ken, when the "DAY" arrives. We'll make it as soon as we can, Scouts Honor!

thx - cpr

Ken,

It's people like you who makes this forumm special to me. Your generosity is an inspiration to us all.

God Bless.

What goes around comes around. Ken, I like your knives, 3 so far, but now I have a new respect for you. Thanks for being an asset to this community of knife nuts.
Jim

Because of the generous nature of the great people that visit this sub-forum I have a dogleg jack example headed my way.

A very nice gesture by you Ken! I also want to second the statement you made about the members inn this subforum, and I think you are a good example of this generosity!

Those are nice knives Ken and are going to a great cause...

I know its been said many times before, but generous acts like yours as well as others, really says a lot about the character of the people that spend time in the Traditional sub-forum. :thumbup

The knives are how I stumbled into this forum...the "GOOD FOLKS" here are the reason I love it so much!
You Rock, Ken!
Blessings Ken, orca8589 & The Bears!

Ken - the knives arrived today, and these are perfect for what we're going to do for the "Bears". Small enough to fit perfectly in their little "paws" - my son tried out each one, and gives them two thumbs up. :thumbup::thumbup: He'll help me oil them tomorrow.

By the way, thanks for the third one (Imperial KampKing), that one brings back memories. In the navy in the 1980's, we called those old Imperials "throwaways", because they were inexpensive, and when one wore out, you tossed it overboard, and got another one out of your locker. (Sometimes they were confiscated, too.) I never managed to wear one out, and the steel held up very well, though it looked nasty after a couple of years.

We have a couple of dads who don't carry a knife, so it may go to one of them, if I can bring myself to let it go . . . :D

As I said to another member who was kind enough to send me a knife I had commented on, many thanks, and I hope that in the spirit in which this gift was given, something just as nice comes your way.

Blessings Ken, orca8589 & The Bears!

SHEBOP - Thanks! I feel like in the cosmic scheme of things, I have been truly blessed. This has certainly made the new responsibilities in my life a little more enjoyable.

thx - cpr

Glad you received the knives and you will be able to get use out of them!
Thanks to all that left comments here, makes this forum feel all the more like home!

Respectfully,

Ken Erickson

Bastid

Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder.
Staff member
Super Mod
Ken,

Thank you for what you have done. Knives aside, we are fortunate to have you in this group and then when you add the knives holy moley!

Congrats Orca. Those are pretty special knives and I think they went to a pretty special member.