Two Sun TS09

Two Sun TS09, a linerlock with a Shinobu-inspired D-2 blade, G-10 handles, and ambi thumb studs. Made in China, this knife cost $63, shipped from China.

bXmGt3A.jpg

Wcmr9E2.jpg

4 5/8” closed, 8 ¼” open, 3 5/8” cutting edge. 0.15” thick, 4.8 ounces. This is the max size and weight for a folder, for me, but this wide flat ground blade, with a straight section and a curved section, just makes my day.

I prefer a strong point, for the blade type. This blade screams “Go ahead and use me for a pry bar. Go ahead.”

X0Zhpg3.jpg

Strong lock up, no significant blade play, strong detent, smooth closing action. If the heat treat is righteous, I’m going to cut some things with this knife.

I spent a couple of hours radiusing the handle, breaking the sharp edges on the inside of the liners and the thumb studs where they cut your pockets, and cleaning up the sharp edges where the pocket clip sat.

Overall, not too impressive out of the box, but a couple of hours of work later, this is a keeper. Due to the blade, which I love, and in spite of the handle, which was fine after a couple of hours wearing the mask, filing on the G-10!

Last edited:
If you round the top two corners, it feels better in the pocket. The back corner was a hot spot for sure. Rounding the edges is a must do, they're sharp. Turns into a very nice knife with a little work. D2 is real and Rockwell was 61. Try putting your index finger and thumb on top of the studs and flick it that way. makes it kinda fun to fidget with too.

The opening is a little tight, but it is smooth and the lockup is secure in both positions, which is fine for a working knife, for me. I've used axis locks forever, so the thumb studs are my preferred opening method and I don't need to whip it out quickly.

This is one of my first experiences with D2, and I am impressed by how fine an edge it will take, with diamond and ceramic stones. This baby will cut! It tore through some pine scrap like it was soap! Very, very smooth through pine and thick and thin paper.

I'd like to have one scaled down to about 3-3.25". Radius and smooth the handle, throw away the pocket clip, sharpen it to 17 degrees, and use it as an "Everyday Carry To Show Off With Knife".

I have this knife but it's got a full titanium handle that looks a lot like an Umnumzaan. I got it second-hand and the seller did not specify the serial number so I don't know if it's an 09 or something different, but the blade is exactly the same. I think it's great: the 90 degree spine rocks a ferro rod and the blade makes excellent feathersticks. Plus the butt fits perfectly against the thumb in reverse grip.

Back