1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Two Yanagiba

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by jwccustom57, Nov 29, 2018.

1. jwccustom57

jwccustom57 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 13, 2017
    Greetings, here is my first post in this forum, kitchen knives weren't on my radar until I was asked to produce a sashimi knife. This is what I came up with. I often make in pairs so I have a backup and so I have a spare if needed. Both of these are SPF.

So here's 2 new Yanagiba I recently completed. The top one is Bubinga/Ebony with red and copper spacers and the bottom one is Vitex/Ebony with red spacers and copper face. Joints are reinforced with 2 threaded pins. Both are just under 17" OAL with 10.75" blades and 6" Wa handles. The bottom saya still needs a mongram and finishing. There's a WIP like thread in shoptalk "Yanagiba for a friend" where I'm grateful to have gotten a ton of valuable guidance from the guys over there.

IMG_1418.JPG IMG_1419.JPG

FOG2 and Seesteel like this.