TY to S! and Edge Pro Apex question

Thank you to Guy and Ellie!! Got my 2 new(first generation) 5.0s today, handles and a few GSOs back from resharpening. The knives came in CRAZY sharp as always. So TY and I am really looking forward to getting my new generation GSOs!!

Now for the question. Have any of you used the Edge Pro Apex sharpener? Guy and I spoke about it in the past and I'd love to get some feedback on it from you guys.

It is a good day to be OBX!!!!! Ya got any pics? :D

I don't have any experience with that sharpening system... I'm no help.

Yeah!

The short answer is to upload the pics to a photo sharing site or app and post the link to the pic into a post. Let me know if you want more details!

No experience with the edge pro, but I have used the Wicked Edge very successfully on S! knives. I can see no reason why the edge pro would not work just fine.

No experience with the edge pro, but I have used the Wicked Edge very successfully on S! knives. I can see no reason why the edge pro would not work just fine.

That looks like a great option. Two sharpeners and tons of adjustment options. I might have to get one, thanks for the suggestion.

I would really like one of the guided systems for reprofiling or fixing any unguided mistakes i might make, but they are pricey systems!

They are pricey redwood22. I learned to freehand sharpen over 40 years ago, and I wanted a system to give me scary sharp until I had time to re - hone my freehand honing skills. The WE will get knives scary sharp. My freehand skills have improved quite a bit over the past couple of years, and I hone all of my own straight razors, but that is a different animal all together. If you want scary sharp and don't have the freehand skills, the WE will get you there. But it will cost you.

A lansky will work great for knives under 5 inch blades. And nowhere near the cost of the edge pro or wicked edge sharpeners

They are pricey redwood22. I learned to freehand sharpen over 40 years ago, and I wanted a system to give me scary sharp until I had time to re - hone my freehand honing skills. The WE will get knives scary sharp. My freehand skills have improved quite a bit over the past couple of years, and I hone all of my own straight razors, but that is a different animal all together. If you want scary sharp and don't have the freehand skills, the WE will get you there. But it will cost you.

A lansky will work great for knives under 5 inch blades. And nowhere near the cost of the edge pro or wicked edge sharpeners

I seemingly agree with both thoughts... Luckily for me, I am still saving for a house since a starter home around here is around 1/2 Mil... Once that lil chore is taken care of I will worry about this, something to permanently mount next to a reloader...yet another toy waiting for a home before i jump into...

The Edge Pro Apex works great on the Survive! knives. I've sharpened the 3.5 and 4.1 numerous times with it. The CPM 20CV takes a really nice polished edge too!
The Work Sharp guided sharpening system also does the job but not as good as the EPA. Takes a bit longer too.
Here are some pics.
9F3A456E-B469-4FF1-9746-83AEAD50A181.jpg

2B8A7772-2AE6-4678-B853-C0F79AB67039.jpg

15C8EC4E-C030-4DB1-8E1D-BBF7289935AE.jpg

8986BAA4-15CF-4DD5-8C1F-22A6750DA8B8.jpg

The Cabelas Black Friday ad has one of those sharpening systems listed for a healthy discount. I can't remember which one though. But then you would have to put up with black friday. You might be able to get the same deal online though.

I did a ton of research and talked with a lot of folks before I pulled the trigger on a guided sharpening system. I chose the KME system, and I could not be happier. With minimal effort, I can put a razor edge on any knife in almost no time at all.

Scary sharp is where it is at my friends, no matter how you get there. I was lucky enough to have a business reason to aquire a sharpening system, so I did not have to use personal funds to purchase my system. I doubt that I ever would have paid up for a WE had this not been the case.

Back