Ugliest Folders?

...and got crapped on by every bird in that tree.

that too. ;)

I just stumbled upon this 5.11 offering. This has got to be one of their worst IMO.
511tacddrt_10706576.jpg

The MT Whaleshark (Especially the thumbstud) makes me want to jump into a volcano. Also any of the Surefire knives :barf:

The BM Adamas is really really ugly..

WHAT?!

That blade looks so bad ass, it's one of my favorites.

I love Spyderco, but I think they have the rep for making some of the ugliest blades. Anything with the modified emerson wave is just ugly on a Spyderco. The wave and the spydie hole do not mesh well.

Also, Ed Schemp is a cool dude, but I am not a fan of how the Balance looks.

opplanet-spyderco-balance-ss-fine-fold-knife-c141p-main.png

Thank you, fellow forumites. I thought I had a pretty good list of design features that I will NEVER try to incorporate into a knife, but this thread added some that I would have never thought of even in an advanced state of designer drug induced psychosis. I might get nekkid and try to eat your face, but I would NEVER think about making a knife like some of these. :D As for the comment about nobody posting any Dark Ops knives, it reminds me of something that I often say about arguments/discussions such as this. Oft times, a persons opinion or position may be incorrect because they have unconsciously made some underlying assumption that is not supported by facts. However, that is not the case with this discussion. It is VERY clear that whenever you start naming butt ugly knives, the CORRECT underlying assumption that does not even need to be mentioned, much less critically examined, is that Dark Ops knives will be at or near the top of any such list.;)

About Dark Ops knives: am I the only one who thinks they look "incredibly similar" (you know what I mean) to some Extrema Ratio knives?
Anyway, their fixed blades are probably THE ugliest.

(jdm61, I visited your web-site: your bowie knives are AMAZING. Great work.)

There is an ER thread on here and Esav I believe said that the American owner of a now defunct forum who was selling ER knives went off and started his own company that made supposedly similar knives. Can you guess the name of that alleged copycat company?;) With that said, I think that comparing the knives from DO with those from ER is an insult to our Italian brethren even though I do not care for most, if not all ER designs.
About Dark Ops knives: am I the only one who thinks they look "incredibly similar" (you know what I mean) to some Extrema Ratio knives?
Anyway, their fixed blades are probably THE ugliest.

(jdm61, I visited your web-site: your bowie knives are AMAZING. Great work.)

Back