UK made Knives

Hi, I've been lurking for a while now and like what I've seen so far so I thoght I would post some pics of my latest acquisitions.
The first is a Bowie made form the outer ring of a ball bearing race with a brass guard with an ebony and brass handle with pewter spacers, Its dimensions are 415mm/16.33in O/a, 115mm/4.52in handle, 260mm/10.23in blade, 5mm/0.196in blade thickness, 42mm/1.653in from spine to edge. It was made by a fellow member of the British Blades forum known as bones61, and he supplied it to me unfinished so that I could finish it as I'd like.
1d529ec2.jpg

d140edf4.jpg

f7795cec.jpg

The second one is made by the same guy and is a full tang forged from Silversteel with Ivory linen Micarta, the dimensions are: 252mm/9.92in O/a, 122mm/4.80in handle, 130mm/5.11in blade, 5mm/0.196in blade thickness, 30mm/1.18in from spine to edge.
2a734e19.jpg

d157810e.jpg

I hope you like them as much as I do.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Nice looking knives. I just bought a knife made by JayGer's Custom knives in the UK over ebay. Have you heard of them?

Nice looking knives. I just bought a knife made by JayGer's Custom knives in the UK over ebay. Have you heard of them?

Sorry mate , the name doesn't ring any bells.

Like your Bowie best, Doubleshadow. :thumbup:
Do you know if the blade is 52100 ?

I think it may well be 52100, I seem to remember the maker saying something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yessir........yes ma'am! That should make a few eyes pop.........

Another from Guy Stainthorp that I received recently.

8 1/4" of 1/4" thick CPM154, Sambar stag and stainless fittings.

IMG_20120610_180308.jpg

IMG_20120611_222637.jpg

IMG_20120611_221755.jpg

Pics courtesy of the maker.

Beauties.
I peruse BritishBlades occasionally, as others here do I'm sure.
Ms Horne, awesome work. My vocabulary limits my ability to express your artistic ability.
I'm not familiar with Mr. Guy Stainthorp's work, but I certainly do like it.
There is a guy over on your side of the pond, a Bailey fellow I believe, who's work ain't bad either.
Thanks for sharing,
Dozier

Last edited:
Guy stainthorpe makes some seriously nice work as does grace and are both in my limited experience good people to boot it always makes commissioning a knife a better experience when the makers are truly customer orientated .

it's been done nicely....
looks awesome but seems little outbalanced to me....... pommel should be added to balance with it's massive blade....:thumbup:

Last edited:
Back