Umnumzaan heavy duty work

Hello everyone

Recently, I just bought Umnumzaan. And I feel it's like a beast.

And just curious about that can Umnumzaan do the chop work (like a machete)?
Because I think the o-ring can absorb the shock and avoiding damage to the stop pin.

I know folders are not designed to deal with some heavy duty work.
But I just want to know the limitation of the Umnumzaan. So I can avoid damaging it.

Thank you^^

Personally I would not chop heavy stuff with any folder unless it was out of desperation such as being put in an unwanted survival situation. I have used my Lg Inkosi to chop briars out my mowing path but briars are very soft. In my opinion you’re just asking for trouble (damaged pivot, stop pins, or lock) sooner or later and it will be considered abuse by CRK which is not covered under warranty.

Right tool for the right job, son

If you're gonna chop...get a hatchet, machete or appropriate fixed blade

The durability of the 'zaan is well documented

full

Hello everyone

Recently, I just bought Umnumzaan. And I feel it's like a beast.

And just curious about that can Umnumzaan do the chop work (like a machete)?
Because I think the o-ring can absorb the shock and avoiding damage to the stop pin.

I know folders are not designed to deal with some heavy duty work.
But I just want to know the limitation of the Umnumzaan. So I can avoid damaging it.

Thank you^^
Maybe this video will answer your question

I opened a box in a box today with mine and it was amazing and held up fine 😁
If you look closely there’s some tape glue on the tip but it survived😲 and I don’t recommend trying this at home.
On a serious note this thing is built like a tank and should have no issues doing what you want and within reason of any folders capability and beyond of some/most imo .
AgnPqSv.jpg

I opened a box in a box today with mine and it was amazing and held up fine 😁
If you look closely there’s some tape glue on the tip but it survived😲 and I don’t recommend trying this at home.
On a serious note this thing is built like a tank and should have no issues doing what you want and within reason of any folders capability and beyond of some/most imo .
AgnPqSv.jpg

Awww, I wanted to see what was in the box!!

If seeing that galvanized steel garbage can lid did not make you a believer, nothing will! Bart

I am considering pulling the trigger on a Zaan. Can anyone comment on the tip of the drop point version? Seems fairly thin but also, love it more visually than the tanto, so I am torn.

I am considering pulling the trigger on a Zaan. Can anyone comment on the tip of the drop point version? Seems fairly thin but also, love it more visually than the tanto, so I am torn.
What you’re seeing is the swedge on the tip which makes it appear to be thin. The tip is not at all thin, it doesn’t taper like some other knives do that definitely makes one thin at the tip.
Look at the tip of an inkosi and visualize a swedge on it, that‘s what the umnumzaan’s tip is.

What you’re seeing is the swedge on the tip which makes it appear to be thin. The tip is not at all thin, it doesn’t taper like some other knives do that definitely makes one thin at the tip.
Look at the tip of an inkosi and visualize a swedge on it, that‘s what the umnumzaan’s tip is.
That is helpful - thank you!

Back