1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Umnumzaan O -rings loose?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by JPR984, Aug 3, 2011.

1. JPR984

JPR984

Aug 4, 2010
    Im wondering of other umnumzaan users have noticed that the o-rings on the thumb studs are not exactly snug or perhaps too easily stretched.

2. krust

krust

Nov 5, 2009
    After a year and a half mine aren't as tight as they use to be but they have yet to fall off...Iv'e seen a few other posts where people would concur

3. The_Guide

The_Guide

Feb 1, 2009
    Mine have definitely loosened up, but they aren't so loose as to come off on there own...

When I order some flourinated grease and take down kit, I'm going to see if I can get a small baggy with a few pairs of those O-Rings just in case... Id feel better about it if I had spares (I think they should be included with the knife personally, along with the take down tools, clip insert, and a small amount of flourinated grease... I think that for a knife of this price, the accessories should just be included in the box, but thats just me... )

But boy do I love this knife! :D

Cheers!
    :thumbup:

4. Bluesummers

Bluesummers

May 21, 2011
    I noticed mine were loose after a couple days. I was breaking in my knife so that it would open and close smoothly with the ball detent riding on the blade. It does open smoothly now but the rings were loose after the couple days of many opening and closings. The rings should also be wider or none at all because unless you open it very very slowly it sounds almost like any other knife opening.

5. Cynic2701

Cynic2701

Mar 31, 2009
    I've noticed that if you have left the blade open, or have been recently playing with your knife, it doesn't open as quietly as if you hadn't touched it from a closed position for a while.

6. nick425

nick425

Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah... The quiet part is rather intermittent for me. But that makes sense Cynic.

7. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    I ordered a bunch of spares for mine. I got some glow in the dark ones from an internet site.

8. trimcut123

trimcut123 Banned BANNED

Feb 15, 2007
    Most hardware stores have better rings. Tougher and tighter.

9. JPR984

JPR984

Aug 4, 2010
    I ordered a pack of them with a smaller inner diameter so they arent so loose (works beautifully), where did you find the glow in the dark ones?

10. CL01

CL01

Apr 19, 2007
    What he said...seriously could you email or VM where you got some glow in the dark O rings?

Also, Trimcut123 mentioned going to an hardware store. Anyone know the particular size?

11. JPR984

JPR984

Aug 4, 2010
    Actual Width
    .070"
    Actual Inside Diameter
    .114"
    Actual Outside Diameter
    .254"

try mcmaster carr they have red and black ones

12. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    The o-rings on my EDC Umnumzaan became loose and were replaced long ago, they are easy to find/buy and the knife works just fine with out them any way. :thumbup:

13. livingmochila

livingmochila

Aug 7, 2009
    I've ordered blue, red, black, and GLOW IN THE DARK from www.bodyartforms.com. They are very inexpensive and work really well. Hope that helps and hope I'm not violating any rules by citing that website.

14. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    That's the same place I got mine from too, couldn't remember the name.