Recommendation? Umnumzaan or Inkosi for a tanto Blade?

Which one to grab?

• Umnumzaan with Tanto blade

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Large Inkosi with inlays and tanto blade

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
hello,

Usually I am not into tantos but am curious about trying one by Chris reeve

I have been interested into the umnumzan tanto for a while but since the large Inkosi with inlays and tanto has been announced i am not really sure of which one to get...

I like the look of the handle of the umnumzan but the inlay and the blade shape of the tanto onthe Inkosi looks great

Just for some background here is my present collection
https://i.imgur.com/mAGjVkx.jpg
mAGjVkx.jpg

It may evolve in the future as I don’t dig the CF on my large Inkosi so much.

Last edited:
I vote Umnumzaan. The tip on the tanto looks great with the milling on the scales and you get the thumb rest on the blade spine for a really awesome combination.

30627253596_822e3cd49b_b.jpg

The obvious answer is get one of each, the one you don’t like, send it to me :p
I’ve got a 21 and Umnumzaan tanto. The 21 has micarta inlays. I really like the micarta inlay CRK’s, but I’d vote for the Umnumzaan also.
For me, the Umnumzaan just complements the tanto blade. The cross pattern on the slabs gives that extra grip.

I vote Umnumzaan because I find the grind fantastic. I’ve tried to capture the nuance before, but pics can’t do it justice.

Great call on the tanto Umnumzaan. It's a highly functional piece of manufacturing art and the grinds are beautiful.

I’ll throw in my .02.

I’ve owned several Umnumzaans of every generation both Tanto and plain, they’re outstanding knives. Since I always want something new I sold all but the Tanto that I used for years.
Since you’ve been wanting an Umnumzaan you should absolutely scratch that itch. The Tanto looks and works great on that knife, you’re going to love it.

And, you already have an Inkosi.

Tanto on the ‘Zaan is my favorite folder. I use and carry it the most, of all folders.

Back