Photos Uncle Henry Schrade-Walden 127 Knife?

It's an Uncle Henry just wondering if this is a newer one or something older, blade says Schrade-Walden 127 Stainless I figured it was something 1980s:

For whatever reason the image isn't loading, here is a link

S5CYPRy.jpeg

Schrade's are hard to date as they used the same tang stamps for decades at a time. But, if you search around you'll find a Schrade tang stamp chart that'll give you a rough idea to age.

Your nail nick is further forward than mine. Not sure what this means date wise. I didn't even know they moved it. Mine is 1973-2005 (I think 05 is when they shut their doors).

eaqOlZR.jpg

I have the same knife. My grandpa and I used it to clean all of our game. From rabbits to deer. It's a great knife and one I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Schrade-Uncle-Henry-127-UH-1.jpg

The Uncle Henry 127 UH was introduced in 1973, which was the last year of the Schrade-Walden tang stamp. You have an early 127, one of the few times you can actually pin a Schrade pocketknife to a single year. My knife and L lithicus knife have the commonly seen tang stamp. Last year listed in the catalog was 1988 (not sure how many and how long made after that). You should post a picture of the tang stamp, cool knife to own. OH

Back