Uncle Henry sheath knife

Please advise the type of steel and its Rc that was used in my vintage 1990 Uncle Henry model# 144, serial # 0156.

Interesting !!! Schrade has failed to respond to my e-mail, my snail mail, and now my post on this forum. Great customer relations wouldn't you say?

We apologize for the late response to your question, but this is a very busy time of the year for us and your inquiry also made us have to go back a few years. The 144UH was manufactured between 1979 and 1982 and was also named "Guide's Choice". The steel was a 440A stainless and the Rockwell 57-59.

Again, we're sorry you had to wait so long for this answer. Incidentally, we have no record of an e-mail coming in on the info@schradeknives.com, were it would have been answered promptly!

I would say that 5 days is not a great deal of time to wait for a large company to research and answer a question on a knife from 1990.

Thanks for your reply Tim , as we now also know the blade was made only from 1979-1982 .

Regards to both,
Jerry

Tim, thank you for the reply. Jerry : after 3 months, no response to my e-mail ; after 2 months, no response to my letter. When all the facts are considered, IMHO yes, 5 days is LONG. Notice that there was no mention that they did not receive my letter !

I also notice that , there was no mention before as to the other time frames . I'm sure you were just in need of a place to vent . They do have a phone .

Jerry

Failure to respond in a timely fashion is, IMHO, poor customer relations. The knife was purchased new, discontinued model, from a cutlery store in Lancaster, PA in 1990. Your snide remark thereto recognizes your efforts to create an issue over an opinion as "venting". To label as "research" a task not unlike "looking up a word in the dictionary" certainly redefines the term, embellishment. Possession of a telephone does not exhonerate Schrade's indifference to a customer's simple request.

I'll try again ( more politicaly correct this time )

Quote: Great customer relations wouldn't you say ?
I simply gave my opinion .

Vent: Does this word as defined: to release , to release excess pressure , give ones view of a related matter : Does this truly strike such a nerve with you that you think I started an Issue ?

Please , talk about embellishment .

Snide : There was no snide remark , I clearly said ," We now know the blade was only made from 79-82 ."

I do so greatly regret the offense you took from my post and ask your forgiveness. Research is also just a simple, IMHO , word . Maybe I should have used ( fixn to look up ).

I'm sure we both have better things to do than " have a pissing contest over a post or blade" So as we say in the south , Let's just put this one in the sh*ter . Hope we can still respond to each others post as fellow formites .

Regards,
Jerry

Back