Uncovsky - Día de Muertos

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Uncovsky, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Uncovsky

Uncovsky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 5, 2016
    Hi,

I recently completed one long-term project. Work on this knife was challenging, but I think the result is worth it. The theme on the knife is Mexican Feast of the Dead.

The biggest challenge were the flowers. There are inlayed in titanium and into each other. At first I thought I would use heat-painted stainless steel, but it didn't work out at all. In the end I used a more expensive/demanding solution and use zircuti from Fufuronforge :). I need to slice the material, create the shape, round the edges and put it all together.

The rest is my classic :). Several layers of engraving, the inner scales are anodized and there is also a pattern on them. Zircuti standoff. I also played with screws and a box and there was also a cross on the neck included.
    Matěj
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    WOW is definitely an understatement but that’s all I got !

3. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    I don't think I have ever seen a knife that has wowed me to this degree! Absolutely amazing!

4. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    My wife looooooooooves this. True talent on display. :thumbsup::cool:

jfk1110 likes this.
  5. Uncovsky

Uncovsky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 5, 2016
    Thank you guys so much for your kind words! Anne

6. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    That really expresses your extraordinary talents....a Tour de Force.

7. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    tremendous!!

8. BogdanS

BogdanS KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 11, 2015
    I am simply SHOCKED without discussing the theme that folder is a piece of art! Well done dear Sir, a true artist!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

9. Technohedge

Technohedge

Sep 9, 2018
    That is Insane!

10. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    COOL as Hell...impressive piece of work & work of art all rolled into one!!!

James

11. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Matêj,

You are absolutely killing it. Extremely stunning and just phenomenal. Your skills are definitely showing in this piece, with tons more to come I’m sure.

12. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Matej, another piece of art! How’s the dark series going? I’m loving mine, it has to be the smoothest flipper I have. When this virus is done I hope you will consider making something special for me?;):)

Sharp & Fiery likes this.