• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Under $200 watch

The one I have now works fine for the moment, but just in case... what's the best no-battery watch you can get for under $200? I don't care about aestetics, a good mechanical mouvement and solid construction are the priority.

...here's my 2 cents:

Seiko Divers 200m automatic (model #SKX173). Singapore 7S26 automatic movement, tough as nails and pretty good accuracy. After reading reviews on www.timezone.com, and comments in this forum, I recently bought one at www.princetonwatches.com for $185. It's rapidly becoming my favorite!

The Seiko is a great choice. In the price range,and wanting an automatic(ie non battery) you might want to check out eBay for one of the auto Stocker and Yale milwatches. If I recall correctly they are pretty plain, but should also cost less than $150, and they have the Luminox-style tritium hands and markers, which give off a great glow.

You might want to check out Military watch Resource ( www.broadarrow.net ), too. I think Bob has some of the auto S&Ys and Marathons (another mil watch) for sale at great prices.

Back