underwater u-boat knife

here something i made the last days - i love it :D

IMG_10010.jpg

here some more pics.
i made it some weeks before and the customer is happy :)

blade thickness is 20mm - thats a litte less as 1 inch

XIMG_1714.jpg

XIMG_1715.jpg

XIMG_1717.jpg

XIMG_1718.jpg

XIMG_1722.jpg

XIMG_1724.jpg

Lots of great finishing and grinding work on that piece:thumbup:

That being said, does the knife have a purpose, or is it a novelty? I can't see many uses for a knife whose construction hinders the view of what you are cutting. What was your customer's reason for wanting it made that way?

Thanks

That being said, does the knife have a purpose, or is it a novelty? I can't see many uses for a knife whose construction hinders the view of what you are cutting. What was your customer's reason for wanting it made that way?

Thanks

Kinda curious about that myself.

It is a neat design though. Never seen anything like it! :cool::thumbup:

as i have the idea to made it - i just wanna made something different :D

there was no customer before it was ready - but somebody see it and buy it :)

in the moment i think about something unbreakable ;) a "little" maybe the double thickness and 2 or 3 inches longer.

i think, not all what i made must have a really purpose because i wanna made something what only make a smile in some faces :) hope this one give some smiles :D

i think, not all what i made must have a really purpose because i wanna made something what only make a smile in some faces :) hope this one give some smiles :D

There aren't many better reasons than that one.:thumbup:
Very interesting blade. If nothing else it will be a conversation starter.

Very cool! I give you lots of credit for putting so much time into something so original. Nice work:thumbup:

as i have the idea to made it - i just wanna made something different :D

there was no customer before it was ready - but somebody see it and buy it :)

in the moment i think about something unbreakable ;) a "little" maybe the double thickness and 2 or 3 inches longer.

@cotherion,
the edges on the handle are lightly rounded - i dont want take there a lot of material of, that there will be enough stability :D:D:D

if you can take this in the hand, you will be impressed how good that feels!!
also my wife , tell this to me :)

:) yeah you gotta maintain the fatness :)

Very original. That tip will punch through a tank if one has enough strength. I would love to see the sheath that goes with this :)

LOL for godssake whyyy :D

It looks cool though. Looks like a really good cleaver. How heavy is it?

Back